• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Thoughts CTX3030 headphones DP changes

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
Any thoughts , i have 2 most recent purchases of Gray Ghost Ctx3030 headphones ( waterproof) , they came out with New of the same with Volume control adjustment knob on it, as you all know the past phones are not loud enough, that's why this feature was added, i think Detector Pro should cover the upgrade, i would be willing to pay the shipping , another surprise -- After 34 year's Gary Storm announces his retirement from the company, Whats everyone's thoughts on Detector Pro Ctx3030 waterproof headphone volume upgrade , I think they should cover it, as this was a issue since they were made, :?: Earl http://www.detectorpro.com/ UPDATE BAD NEWS NOW( I Called) NOW--- Gold Diggers ----- Gary Storm Sold the business, The new company that took over ( the upgrade was the--- new companies invention :laughing:, and they will NOT upgrade my phones, i told him , i will never do any business with with your company again, he said have a nice day & hung up :mad:, NO MORE money will be spent with now called Gold Digger ----- :mad: Guess this happens , But I Am Not happy about it at all ...... PS I would(BET)-- they won't cover any warranty issues with detector Pro detector's since the company was sold, New Name , and even repair's NOT GOOD

Last edited:
If anyone needs repairs on their DetectorPro detectors, send a PM to me and I'll put u in touch with two fellas that are doing repairs.

Back to the OP ...Yes, Ron at Gold Diggers bought DP. Im not for or against the guy but honestly, if you were in his shoes, would you want to pay? Id like to think he would cover original waranteed items but covering a design upgrade? Well, that is like me asking GM to upgrade my 1928 Buick's carburator to a fuel injection system because we all know it gets better gas mileage. Not trying to pick on ya Earl, but you understand right? With that said, let me shoot a message to these fellas and ask what the cost of the upgrade is. I have the waterproof GG and Yellow phones, both without the volume adjustment. I'd be interested in seeing what it costs to upgrade.

Last edited:
Earl you should have asked on here before you bought head phones. I helped design the GGA's in 2013 so they have been around for a while. Just recently Gold Diggers stepped up to the plate and added the CTX fitting.

Obn

So you can add a volume knob on a waterproof set, i have two pair, i also asked you before if you could make me waterproof headphones for my CTX3030s, :?: , when the season is over, can you do this, and what is the charge per headphone ? OR can you make new waterproof headphones > skullies with the nice pads :?: Really if you put the higher pitch speakers in both my sets a volume knob wouldn't be necessary because i then could adjust the volume from the machine, as far as buying them, i bought them before i saw the down fall threads on the phones, since i will not be using them till mid September on, i didn't know Joe :(

So you can add a volume knob on a waterproof set, i have two pair, i also asked you before if you could make me waterproof headphones for my CTX3030s, :?: , when the season is over, can you do this, and what is the charge per headphone ? OR can you make new waterproof headphones > skullies with the nice pads :?:

Ditto. =)

Dave

Your to quick on the draw , just edited the post, if i had a Detector from Detector pro, i wouldn't now dare send it to gold digger's :no: even if they do honor the Detector pro warranty from buying Gary's business, my back is turned, as far as i am concerned since they bought the business, all warranties and defects should be covered , including the Phones :roll: LOL Joe you said YOU helped design the DPA phones :lol: ? what happened the the volume, and don't tell me it was set low because of under water, when it's only a good to 10 foot, not 200 foot -- in the water, that has volume adjustment on the machine howboutit :lol: Maybe some body can call Gary Storm, let him know, some of us are not happy , i am having a feeling i was left high & dry here :roll: Bet he is living on a Caribbean beach now kicking back with a fat cigar and a mixed drink :money::money::money::money::money::tropical:

Last edited:
Earl ..... Gary was a good guy. He helped me (free of charge) with tips on how to tune my VLF DetectorPro, and was always there to help. If he sold his business and retired with a box of cigars, then God bless, he earned it.

Ron-runned-Detectorpro is a whole different business now. I understand your frustrations. Besides, since they no longer make a pulse unit, they don't offer a new detector that you or I will ever use.

yep

Gary is a good guy, now retired like me, he made it one more year than me :lol:, don't think Gold Digger will profit from buying the DP bussiness name, as two off us are not a happy camper, no answers to a dead end road, Done.

Earl I really have a hard time understanding what your saying. I must be getting old.

Might I suggest you sell those and get a set from Harold in Florida.

I only do the kits for the excalibur, Jan n Feb. I no longer do HP's for the CTX because you have to purchase over 100 dollars from Audiosears. Last time I checked they were around 8 dollars each, That's about 13 speakers I'll never use..

One thing to remember, The CTX does not like Piezo buzzers, but they are the easiest to water proof. And your not the only one that's un happy with the volume. Just like all things, if you want something better you have to make it yourself.. I would try harold..

Here is a draw up of the GGA's design April 2013, early on. They were originally made for the Garrett AT Pro, the first two sets were sent to me to test. I threw one of them in the pool for 14 hours. After a long chat I convinced them the excal users would buy more of these then the AT Pro owners, so they let me cut one of the garrett 2 pin connectors off and put them on my excalibur.

Attachments

• OBN0003 (2).jpg
    OBN0003 (2).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 319
  • OBN0446.jpg
    OBN0446.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 311
Here is a draw up of the GGA's design April 2013, early on. They were originally made for the Garrett AT Pro, the first two sets were sent to me to test. I threw one of them in the pool for 14 hours. After a long chat I convinced them the excal users would buy more of these then the AT Pro owners, so they let me cut one of the garrett 2 pin connectors off and put them on my excalibur.
That is pretty sweet! Let me know if you would be willing to share or sell a parts list of what is needed to mod them so I can have Mel install a volume knob on my GG for the CTX? ....or a set for Earl, lol... FWIW, I don't care if they are submersible, but splash proof would be nice.

Best Regards, -David

thanks OBN

1st of all wouldn't know how to do this, as you never trained me , 2nd i would never sell the headphones to anybody if the have a flaw , example i sold you 2 Excalibur 2s in mint condition, i will hunt with them in September & October , if i deem them no good, i will trash them, please explain why there is a volume flaw in detail on the Ctx since you helped in the design, and if and why it wasnt corrected, my phones are 2016 & 2017 model year Detector pros not early models? A correction to fix the flaw should have been done a few years back, now thousands are probably thinking the same.

Golddiggers

I personally know Ron for many years and he is a standup guy and stands behind HIS products. For him to put out money for DP upgrades is kind of ludicrous in my books. Especially if the product was purchased from DP to begin with. He has improved the line. Can't say enough about him and he is a true detectorist who loves what he does. He has helped many people out even strangers.

If he bought Detector Pro

He should stand by fixing all the Detector Pro products , the flawed phones, another member said he wouldn' t repair his Detector Pro Pi, stand up guy in your eyes, he wont last long , bad news. Ps He wasn't a stand up guy today when i talked to him , just another guy who buys a business for profits from the prior companies name, he blew me off, damage done.

Earl, just take a magic marker and draw a volume control on the headphones. Then put them back into storage and pretend you have the new series... free upgrade :laughing:

Steve

Glad to see you have a since of humor bro. Ill trade you both sets for two CF Excalibur shafts, as you know me, i have to have my equipment wright, my beach house will be done September, than you wont be posting those closet posts on me , just posting
Code:
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
dang bro nice finds howboutit

Glad to see you have a since of humor bro. Ill trade you both sets for two CF Excalibur shafts, as you know me, i have to have my equipment wright, my beach house will be done September, than you wont be posting those closet posts on me , just posting
Code:
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
dang bro nice finds howboutit

Looking forward to your finds post.

Earl there is no design flaw, they were not made for the CTX. But since they were the only one's around besides the stockers that were water proof someone put a M12 connector on them. And they worked, just not loud.

I did not help design the one's you have. You have the GGUW's (Grey Ghost Under Waters) The one's with the volume control are the Grey Ghost Amphibians. The Volume control has no affect on the difference in Loudness, the one's you have (GGUW's) have a 30 mm piezo in them, the (GGA's) have a 50mm piezo. That's why the GGA's are louder..

Like I said, check with Harold in Florida if you want a set that is louder and water proof.

Your Killing me Earl!! lol

Last edited:
Obn

? So how do i get the wasted money back for the phones i bought, that had Gray ghost waterproof headphones for the CTX3030 2016 and 2017 models, all i am saying is , i spent 300.00 clams on Advertised underwater headphones for the CTX3030 that are a crapper :mad: , that someone bought the Detector pro company, keeping there name, that won't repair them, disagree Joe, alot of others do to that have them, there is a flaw, maybe they should have used a 50, but why wasn't this corrected, the year is now 2017 beam me up Scottie, Gary storm is gone, now go walk the plank :shock::police::pirate::waiting::confused: PS YOU never answer your phone anymore go figure :roll:

Earl I posted this several times. Just my opinion and I don't hunt where you do. But I was using the yellow CTX waterproofs. They are loud on my Excaliburs modded with CTX fittings. Not on the CTX though even cranked to 30. CTX loses depth in the water once the coil submerges. Excalibur gains depth here. I use the excaliburs in the water and use the CTX wet sand only. You can hear better and find more gold using a set of plugged sunray pro golds either with the module or plug adapter out the CTX. If it rains I put a ziplock bag over the butt of the CTX when plugged. The regular gray ghosts are also loud but you got to use the module since it wont cut the speaker off if plugged in the CTX. But the pro golds are way more comfortable than the gray ghosts.

Back
Top Bottom