Dog days on the beach

dirtydog

Forum Supporter
I went out yesterday and beat the sand and worked the water for 6 hours. All I had to show for the 1 hour drive to Cocoa beach was, two junk toe rings, a Minnie Mouse pin, a junk rose ring, and a very thin silver bracelet. Still waiting on the gold but itsa and Kapi got it all.

Attachments

• 20170806_222850 copy.jpg
    20170806_222850 copy.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 416
  • 20170806_222910 copy.jpg
    20170806_222910 copy.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 436
  • 20170806_222930 copy.jpg
    20170806_222930 copy.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 402
I went out yesterday and beat the sand and worked the water for 6 hours. All I had to show for the 1 hour drive to Cocoa beach was, two junk toe rings, a Minnie Mouse pin, a junk rose ring, and a very thin silver bracelet. Still waiting on the gold but itsa and Kapi got it all.

LOL, In 2014 I lived on Cocoa Beach and learned that every time a cruise ship docked, there would be a "Boat-Load" of tourists searching the beach. Of course every night before a cruise was set to sail, there would also be a "Boat-Load" of folks on the beach searching. :pirate2: :pirates:

If you learn the cruise schedule, you'll increase your collection of ugly rings! :laughing:

At least you got out!

That's a great treat in it's self. While I like finding things, being out on the beach makes for a good day as well.

Ice thanks, I may have to enter the ugly ring contest. But to be truthful, I love the rabbit ring. I bet it looks good on you.:lol:

Yeah! Toe Ring shot! :laughing: Nice Silver there Dirty..thats $20 all day long..

Thanks Mud. I'll take $20 dollars any day to bottle caps pull tabs and sun burns

They're just such selfish :pirates:
:laughing:
Good luck out next time!

Greedy as well. I think we should take a bus load to ST. Augusting and crash their party.:lol:

At least you got out!

Yea...! at least you got out. I'm stuck in a classroom 5 days a week. We all like to score the biggies but most of the time I'm happy if I'm digging any target that isn't trash. Here's to you and wishing you a more properous outing next time.

If you can't scoop up the gold, a little silver will do. But don't make a habit of it......yellow is a better looking sight to see in the scoop.
DL

LOL, In 2014 I lived on Cocoa Beach and learned that every time a cruise ship docked, there would be a "Boat-Load" of tourists searching the beach. Of course every night before a cruise was set to sail, there would also be a "Boat-Load" of folks on the beach searching. :pirate2: :pirates:

If you learn the cruise schedule, you'll increase your collection of ugly rings! :laughing:

No wander Kap and itsa get along so well. They are like Black Beard and Jack Sparrow. Pirates to the bone. Without mercy and getting all they can and canning all they get. Some people are greedy that way.:lol::pirates::pirate2::pirate:

David,
I usually do good at Cocoa Beach. Just go at the right time and beat the other guy's and gal's even in the heat. You are right about the boat load of people detecting there.

Yea...! at least you got out. I'm stuck in a classroom 5 days a week. We all like to score the biggies but most of the time I'm happy if I'm digging any target that isn't trash. Here's to you and wishing you a more properous outing next time.

Every day out is a great day. So you are right I'm lucky to be able to go out when I want to.

If you can't scoop up the gold, a little silver will do. But don't make a habit of it......yellow is a better looking sight to see in the scoop.
DL

You got that one right DL. I would love to see a little yellow but until then I'll be happy with silver.

Greedy as well. I think we should take a bus load to ST. Augusting and crash their party.:lol:

I keep telling you you don't have to go that far :) These are my TOTAL finds from my last two days detecting here in St. Augustine. NO LIE. HORRIBLE HERE! Two different beaches.

Seriously 3 hours first day, 3 hours second day. Water and wet.. ONE target. Yes that means one of those days I didn't hear a single target in 3 hours. Never experienced that before. Kept putting my shovel near the coil to make sure it was working :laughing:

Yeah yeah, I know, you feel no pity. :P Just saying it's not here at the moment. Tropical storm Emily buried us! But maybe this thing coming this way will move sand off. Dear God don't let it move more sand IN.

Attachments

• last three hunts.jpg
    last three hunts.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 134
  • maybe.jpg
    maybe.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 142
I keep telling you you don't have to go that far :) These are my TOTAL finds from my last two days detecting here in St. Augustine. NO LIE. HORRIBLE HERE! Two different beaches.

Seriously 3 hours first day, 3 hours second day. Water and wet.. ONE target. Yes that means one of those days I didn't hear a single target in 3 hours. Never experienced that before. Kept putting my shovel near the coil to make sure it was working :laughing:

Yeah yeah, I know, you feel no pity. :P Just saying it's not here at the moment. Tropical storm Emily buried us! But maybe this thing coming this way will move sand off. Dear God don't let it move more sand IN.

We have been seeing how bad it is in S.A. I would hunt your sanded condition any time. You know what they say. No picture it didn't happen. Well you been showing the pictures. Your busted Kap. got the photos to prove it. The bus is almost full.:scooter: I hope you have Ice Cream for all of us.:lol:

It'll come!Thanks for sharing

Thanks I hope you are right.

Back
Top Bottom