Deus, F75LTD2, and Racer head to head 10" in ground nickel

I don't know all the scientific ins and outs,,,,but trust me on this.

Boost on some detectors like F75,,, boost doesn't add any depth capability. (4bar ground or higher)
Je or de mode will be deeper actually.

Deus,,,it eats up 4 bars ground vs many other detectors (not FBS/fbs2).
But go to 5 bars Deus will have more depth than FBS/FBS2 units,,granted the advantage isn't big,,but a person should welcome all they can get depth wise.

AM depth,,I can't give any good factual data here comparing the detectors.

Deus,,,,it seems to have to do with ground balance system,,filters, etc.

Remember Deus,,you can change reactivity,,and silencer (filter),,,F75 you are stuck with what you have.

But let's not forget,,,Deus TID on deeper targets terrible,,but can distinguish nonferrous from ferrous in these conditions.

F75ltd2 not really stuck with what you have,when you run boost process it pushes such a massive amount of outer current from the coil that the receiving current and eddy current will report any nonferrous target at extreme depths,and with the f75ltd2 being pretty much all gain past 60 or so on sens,it will amplify and report a louder audio.
The deus when lowering reactivity is like boost on the f75ltd2,it slows the reporting signal response and the eddy current also is affected.Take it for what it's worth,those two machines are more alike than people realize,just a different term for the same result.

F75ltd2 not really stuck with what you have,when you run boost process it pushes such a massive amount of outer current from the coil that the receiving current and eddy current will report any nonferrous target at extreme depths,and with the f75ltd2 being pretty much all gain past 60 or so on sens,it will amplify and report a louder audio.
The deus when lowering reactivity is like boost on the f75ltd2,it slows the reporting signal response and the eddy current also is affected.Take it for what it's worth,those two machines are more alike than people realize,just a different term for the same result.

No additional current goes to coil on F75 when boost is selected. If this were the case,, battery life would suffer. Ever read anywhere where anyone complains about power depletion due to boost usage.

Look at the pic with magnet in this link.
This place here.,,6" quarter with etrac,,CTX,,F75 any and all modes = iron signal and tone to boot.
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,81931,81931#msg-81931

Btw,,tx power when increased on Deus,,,does use more juice.
V3i white's tx boost eats more juice.

F75 boost,,,has to do more with slowing the detector down,,,,to be deeper,,,,one of the reasons why,,,separation rate far slower using boost vs de or je processes.

I don't know all the scientific ins and outs,,,,but trust me on this.

Boost on some detectors like F75,,, boost doesn't add any depth capability. (4bar ground or higher)
Je or de mode will be deeper actually.

Deus,,,it eats up 4 bars ground vs many other detectors (not FBS/fbs2).
But go to 5 bars Deus will have more depth than FBS/FBS2 units,,granted the advantage isn't big,,but a person should welcome all they can get depth wise.

AM depth,,I can't give any good factual data here comparing the detectors.

Deus,,,,it seems to have to do with ground balance system,,filters, etc.

Remember Deus,,you can change reactivity,,and silencer (filter),,,F75 you are stuck with what you have.

But let's not forget,,,Deus TID on deeper targets terrible,,but can distinguish nonferrous from ferrous in these conditions.

F75ltd2 not really stuck with what you have,when you run boost process it pushes such a massive amount of outer current from the coil that the receiving current and eddy field will report any nonferrous target at extreme depths,and with the f75ltd2 being pretty much all gain past 60 or so on sens,it will amplify and report a louder audio.
The deus when lowering reactivity is like boost on the f75ltd2,it slows the reporting signal response and the eddy field also is affected.Take it for what it's worth,those two machines are more alike than people realize,just a different term for the same result.Fa mode and reactivity of 3,both speed up machines and need a lower gain to be run stable.I could go on,but we get the picture I think.

F75 and Deus are worlds apart from one another.

You find me a virgin site loaded with nails and iron 200 plus years old.

Bring whomever you want,,,and all you want.

Let the folks hunt the site with any F75 series detector with stock coil.
When they think they have got all the nonferrous targets out of it,,,,turn me loose in it with a mind you round 11" coil.

I guarantee I will find nonferrous targets,,,actually many of them,

Remember a 7x11" dd coil vs a round 11" coil.

It is just the way it is.

And when I finish with the 11" coil on Deus,,put the 9" coil on and dig even more.

Deus is a monster in sites loaded with nails and iron.

Been there and done that.

Now this is not to say a smaller coil on F75 or many other detectors wouldn't find some things after I was finished.

F75 and Deus are worlds apart from one another.

You find me a virgin site loaded with nails and iron 200 plus years old.

Bring whomever you want,,,and all you want.

Let the folks hunt the site with any F75 series detector with stock coil.
When they think they have got all the nonferrous targets out of it,,,,turn me loose in it with a mind you round 11" coil.

I guarantee I will find nonferrous targets,,,actually many of them,

Remember a 7x11" dd coil vs a round 11" coil.

It is just the way it is.

And when I finish with the 11" coil on Deus,,put the 9" coil on and dig even more.

Deus is a monster in sites loaded with nails and iron.

Been there and done that.

Now this is not to say a smaller coil on F75 or many other detectors wouldn't find some things after I was finished.

lol.. I wish we were closer together, Id definitely take you up on that,having owned both the deus and the f75ltd2,I still own the F75ltd2 for a reason...Ever run your signum in turbo?Ive ran mine and watched the battery literally drain before my eyes.
You believe the deus is the better machine,I believe the F75ltd2 is the better of the two.At the end of the day its just a opinion from both of us,and anyone else.Hh
I will say your opinion has switched in the last 16 months from when you started this thread?

lol.. I wish we were closer together, Id definitely take you up on that,having owned both the deus and the f75ltd2,I still own the F75ltd2 for a reason...Ever run your signum in turbo?Ive ran mine and watched the battery literally drain before my eyes.
You believe the deus is the better machine,I believe the F75ltd2 is the better of the two.At the end of the day its just a opinion from both of us,and anyone else.Hh

Woodbutcher,

Boost,,,when this is applied to different detectors,,,it what happens is not the same.
Go look at owners manual of the following detectors,,White's V3i,,Deus, F75 unit with boost, aka Signum,,,I think you will see warnings or reminders in all manual for these about battery drain using boost or turbo,,,except the F75 manual.

Yes Turbo on Signum applies additional current to coil,,,just like Deus,,,just like White's V3i,,,,but not like F75.

Don't get me wrong here,,,there are situations where F75 would be better detector,,,,,but matched up both wearing stock sized coils in a site loaded with iron and nails--- advantage Deus.

I have run and owned both,,,did extensive testing too...and my test results seem to bear themselves out in the field in such sites as I have described here I. This thread.

Last edited:
I'm hopefully having the ground balance mod done on my black Cibola today. Looking forward to running it over the 10" nickel, to test it out!

Great insight, there!

I'm hopefully having the ground balance mod done on my black Cibola today. Looking forward to running it over the 10" nickel, to test it out!

Great insight, there!

I want to see it in person Scot,,,to see how it performs.
Maybe we can get together.

Tnss

One major problem that all member's have to realize that's most likely over looked, your running these test's in your soil, high mineral soil, 4 bars- on the F75- is never seen in my state, 0 to 1 here, if that, i am sure the Deus is the go to relic, high mineral soil detector that does the best in YOUR CONDITION"S, however, the F75se with boost- cache upgraded to dst, shine's up here, the Racer IS a mid grade machine , i thought you said- is about even, might be in your soil, up here don't think it will come close to the F75, the last thing is, in order for your test to have Merritt, i think most Folks would need to see it with there own eye's, and conduct there own test's, as it seems, maybe in your soil, the Deus,- Racer , always prevail's, not starting a debate here, just making some key point's, hunting soil condition's are not the same in all 50 state's, all member's take this in consideration, soil condition's were you hunt, is ONE- big thing when deciding on a detector purchase.

One major problem that all member's have to realize that's most likely over looked, your running these test's in your soil, high mineral soil, 4 bars- on the F75- is never seen in my state, 0 to 1 here, if that, i am sure the Deus is the go to relic, high mineral soil detector that does the best in YOUR CONDITION"S, however, the F75se with boost- cache upgraded to dst, shine's up here, the Racer IS a mid grade machine , i thought you said- is about even, might be in your soil, up here don't think it will come close to the F75, the last thing is, in order for your test to have Merritt, i think most Folks would need to see it with there own eye's, and conduct there own test's, as it seems, maybe in your soil, the Deus,- Racer , always prevail's, not starting a debate here, just making some key point's, hunting soil condition's are not the same in all 50 state's, all member's take this in consideration, soil condition's were you hunt, is ONE- big thing when deciding on a detector purchase.

Well, Racer 1 and F75 were compared by one person (Dankowski) in Fla soil,,,it is mild.

F75 depth wise won by a smidge,,,,Racer won separation by a bigger margin.

Small coil,performance depth wise,,,,photo finish tie. With Racer with small coil winning in the separation dept.

And Earl,,,when Intalk about depth,,I always try to qualify with ground minerals level readings. I can't go to every single place in USA and run a detector.

Thread headline

Dave, you stated the test was done in your back yard, Pleasant Shade TN, is not Florida soil, maybe i read it wrong, i will check again,Earl

Dave, you stated the test was done in your back yard, Pleasant Shade TN, is not Florida soil, maybe i read it wrong, i will check again,Earl

Yeah,,I did do test around my house,,,did qualify with ground mineral readings,,and also just said Racer 1 and F75 with boost was tested against Racer 1 in Florida,,not by me,,,but Mr Dankowski.

Details can be seen,,you know where.
Btw,,,he was(is) a Fisher F75 guru.
Racer 2
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,100933,101470#msg-101470

Racer 1
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,72545,72545#msg-72545

Back
Top Bottom