I think my Honey Hole is just about dry??

skyblast

Well I'm not quite sure what constitutes a honey hole (60 by 30 yard area) but the last month and a half will really be hard to beat I'm sure, for many, many years to come...and I'm sorta sad that things seem to be winding down. I've spent hunt after hunt walking out with silver BUT I KNOW THIS IS NOT NORMAL and I need to start telling myself that this will not last. I don't want to get to the point where if I don't find silver in the future that the hunt will somehow have been a bad one... Before this large silver run I was happy with a hunt that produced just one wheat.

I guess it's time to go into Two Tone Ferrous mode (E-trac) to see if I can pull a few more silvers out of this one particular area? Maybe buy a bigger coil? I've already tried my smaller X-5 coil with not much luck.

So with winter fast approaching here's everything I've been lucky enough to find in the last 45 days. I know from all of you that a location can never be truly hunted out (I certainly hope not) but I've definitely started to notice a slow down in my finds. I have also started to investigate signals I wouldn't normally dig to see what else this great spot has to offer.

Rosies x11
Mercury x 1 (1941)
Walker x 2 (1918,1941)
Kennedy Half x1 (1964)
Washington x1 (1934)
War Nickels x4

Wheats x70
Oldest Wheat (1917 S)

Freedom Token x1
WA Tax Token x8
Play Thin Dime x1

WW2 Blackinton Service Wings (Dug this today 9-29-11)
Silver Rings x6
Sterling wrapped in 14k Ring

After doing a bit of research I've learned that the WW2 pin I found are actually "G" Glider Wings.

Normandy, France-On 6 June 1944, in the early morning hours of darkness on that famous day, an airborne armada began releasing gliders and paratroopers in Operation "Overlord," the largest combined airborne and seaborne invasion in history.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 209
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 3b.jpg
    3b.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 199
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 201
Fantastic find you have from that place. I would maybe give it a little rest, just so you don't get bored. But I would be hitting that place on and off for as long as I could.

amazing finds! love the walkers!

if you dont mind me asking what type of site was it? i understand you may not want to give specifics but just wondering what type of site it was ie. park, sidwalk, beach etc?

A honey hole indeed. That's a lotta silver and nice peices you pulled outta such a small hunting area.

Great digs. Don't worry about your spot drying up. That just means you have to move onto the next when and think of the possibilities it will hold.

Back
Top Bottom