TootsieToy

Silversmith45

Elite Member
I went out for a short hunt after work to try out a new set of headphones. I dug a reading that is usually junk, and found this small TootsieToy car.
C2.gif
It is marked both top in the seat C4.gif
and bottom C3.gif
Says 1969 above the TootsieToy.
The wheels are missing, but I don't ever
C7.gif
remember seeing this particular model.

Hey cool. I found one of these a few weeks ago, mines a Tootsietoy Triumph. I have no idea how to date these things though.

Attachments

• IMAG0320.jpg
    IMAG0320.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 424
so are these toys part of the Tootsie Roll candy line? Like send in so many wrappers and get it,,,,, or a line of toys by another unrelated company?

TootsieToy was not related to the candy company as far as I know. They made many different die cast cars and trucks . I checked mine closer with a magnifier and it says 1969. I'm not sure when they quit making them. Most are larger than the Hot Wheels and had rubber tires. I would rather find them than hot Wheels any day. I had a large collection of them from when I was a boy, but ended up losing them when I lost a storage shed. They are all collectors items now.

thanks,,,,i found this on Google also:
TootsieToy is a manufacturer of die cast toy cars and other toy vehicles. The TootsieToy brand has its origins in a range of miniature cars in the form of charms, pins, cuff links and the like, introduced circa 1901 by the Chicago based Dowst Brothers company. The first actual model car from the company was a 1911 closed limousine which was followed by a 1915 Ford Model T open tourer. By the early 1920s the name 'tootsie' was being used as a brand name and "Tootsietoy" was registered as a trade mark in 1924. The 'Tootsie' moniker apparently came from one of the Dowst Brothers' granddaughters, whose name was "Toots".[1] Tootsie toys are produced in Chicago, and were also previously produced in nearby areas such as Rockford, Illinois.

Many TootsieToy cars are still made from a die cast mold, with a solid metal axle connecting the wheels to the metal body. Tootise toys, which is now owned by J. Lloyd International, Inc. and still based in Chicago, makes about 40 million cars per year.

thanks,,,,i found this on Google also:
TootsieToy is a manufacturer of die cast toy cars and other toy vehicles. The TootsieToy brand has its origins in a range of miniature cars in the form of charms, pins, cuff links and the like, introduced circa 1901 by the Chicago based Dowst Brothers company. The first actual model car from the company was a 1911 closed limousine which was followed by a 1915 Ford Model T open tourer. By the early 1920s the name 'tootsie' was being used as a brand name and "Tootsietoy" was registered as a trade mark in 1924. The 'Tootsie' moniker apparently came from one of the Dowst Brothers' granddaughters, whose name was "Toots".[1] Tootsie toys are produced in Chicago, and were also previously produced in nearby areas such as Rockford, Illinois.

Many TootsieToy cars are still made from a die cast mold, with a solid metal axle connecting the wheels to the metal body. Tootise toys, which is now owned by J. Lloyd International, Inc. and still based in Chicago, makes about 40 million cars per year.

I didn't know they still made them. I haven't found or seen any new ones, but then I haven't been looking for them either in the stores.

Back
Top Bottom