What is the Holy Grail find for you

Pulltabby

Forum Supporter
For me would be to find a gold coin. I have found a bit of gold but no coin.
The area we live probably would be a different answer. In my area no silver reale or roman hoards etc. hh

Gold coins are out there every city, we see this proven often with finds posted the world over, hope you find yours like the lucky few.

If I found a gold coin I'd probably have a stroke. Just to keep my dreams possibly within reach I'd be happy for a Buff or SLQ. Both of them keep eluding me in the dirt.

A big fatty 24k gold chain like old school rappers used to wear! With a big fatty gold pendant to match! Or some like Mr. T's. :wow:

There was a club member who did actually find one 18k heavy....he sold it for big bucks to his friend.

There was a club member who did actually find one 18k heavy....he sold it for big bucks to his friend.

Some of those are worth half a million. Jay-Z and Kenya West (;)) have pretty expensive ones. My luck is it'd hit hard and deep, and I'd just skip right over it thinking it was a buried can. :mder:

Some people just have absurd money, here's a guy that had a gold shirt made...because rings and chains weren't enough: http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/70328

That's one hell of a pulltab!!! :laughing:

Currently this is the top 5 items in my bucket-list:

1. 1800's Gold Coin
  2. 20 Cent Coin
  3. Indian Head Penny
  4. Half Cent
  5. Trade Dollar
:detector:

A engagement or wedding ring with a big fat rock,full carat or more would do it.Lol..If I ever find it I’m selling everything and buying eurotek pro and just enjoying life for awhile,getting out of the rat race.

1. A hoard of any kind
2. A chunky gold chain (doesn't matter which karat)
3. A gold coin (sovereign or half sovereign)

An Australian Rising Sun hat badge would be quite nice as well

Isn't the Holy Grail the Holy Grail of metal detecting?

A slave tag is at the top of my list. I always wonder about the person who lost my find and normally come up with a story in my mind of how they lost it. The stories a slave tag could tell.

I'd have to say a good old American gold coin. I've found two gold coins in my close to 50 years of detecting. A 1946 one Peso and a 1979 1/10th Krugerrand that was part of a pendent.

Holy_Grail.jpg

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

You asked...

BCD

Ever since I started detecting about 8yrs ago, I have two vivid re-occurring dreams regarding my Find of a Lifetime...One is where a whole pile of gold coins are washed out of the bank after a big storm, they are laying all over the black sand like a bunch of baby turtles hatchlings! The other is finding a bag or case full of $100 Bills in the ditch while I'm hunting cans!!

Every time I am immersed in these two dreams, I try to consciously pick out a landmark and remember any specific details regarding the location etc...I'm getting close...I have no doubt one or both will eventually happen, so I have prepared my mind for the day and even planned on what I'm gonna when it does... ...

When I have dreams this vivid, with colors and smells and other senses involved...they always happen, and I always tell somebody about them for their amazement and the whole "See! What did I tell you!" :laughing:

In Another dream I'm getting chased by 4 really mad guys with knives, I eventually get my hands on a shotgun, its an H&R 12ga, but the only shells I can find are 20's! I dont know how that one ends...probably not good...I dont even own a shotgun! According to my dream, I figure Whats the use if the shells wont fit?:laughing:

Attachments

• blow2.jpg
    blow2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 125
  • may 23-15-1.jpg
    may 23-15-1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 136
  • cans 62213.jpg
    cans 62213.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 133
Several items that I'd consider to be "Holy Grail" finds. I've already found a few, but still have plenty more that I'd love to check off of my list.

1) US Gold coin ✓
2) Cache of old coins ✓
3) Slave tag
4) CS belt plate
5) Spanish silver
6) Any personal item that I could link directly to a Civil War soldier, especially a famous one!

Gold coins? Bah. I pull those out of the coin star all of the time...

Seriously though,

I am really, really wanting to find A Willow, A Pine, and Oak Tree shillings. If I find even of those and never see a gold coin, I consider my detecting career to be a success.

1. 1931 saint gaudens double eagle
2. Crate full of bringback machine guns with ammo in good shape (fun at the range for days)
3. Any type of French and Indian war or early colonial period relics

Back
Top Bottom