A day in the life of a forum Admin

I bet you mods have a "behind the scenes" type place you hang out and talk about us, don't ya? My wife was a mod on a political board back in the day, it was like having a backstage pass and you could see everything that was going on...

I let him in... couldn't find any dirt on him but I got the satisfaction of banning it when he threw up that thread you were scratching your head over :D

Letting a spammer through every now and then is good practice for the Mods only there weren't any on :lol:

Today I have banned 7 so far that have made it past the forum where most are snagged :roll:

I hear that word "spammer" all the time,...so what it is they are trying to do exactly? Are they just showing up to sell a certain product ? Or gather info on other users for some marketing reason ?? Just curious :?:

After reading this thread, I have gained some appreciation of what it takes to make this the really well run site it is...and a craving for chipmunk.
Several hundred spammers in one day!? All week long!? This should be in the eye popping, mind blowing forum!
Thank you to all involved!

I do understand what you Admins and Mods do behind the scenes. I started running a BBS back in the 80's, by modem before the Internet, and still run our local city board The DodgeBoard. Nowhere near the traffic of FMDF, but I can appreciate the job you guys do.

Thank you for a place for fellow detectorists to meet and talk shop. You supply one of the most important tools in the hobby.

I bet you mods have a "behind the scenes" type place you hang out and talk about us, don't ya? My wife was a mod on a political board back in the day, it was like having a backstage pass and you could see everything that was going on...

Yes, we have a private section where we communicate our actions and in-process items to each other, so that continuity is maintained. We are not all here 24/7.

We also use it to arrive at a consensus on our actions, like banning a member.

I hear that word "spammer" all the time,...so what it is they are trying to do exactly? Are they just showing up to sell a certain product ? Or gather info on other users for some marketing reason ?? Just curious :?:

The typical spammer posts gratuitous links to businesses they are promoting.

Yes, we have a private section where we communicate our actions and in-process items to each other, so that continuity is maintained. We are not all here 24/7.

This explains why my threads are never featured
:laughing:

Yes, we have a private section where we communicate our actions and in-process items to each other, so that continuity is maintained.

We are not all here 24/7.

WHAT ???? :?: .....you mean there is not a 24 hour admin dept for the FMDF ? :shock: ......are you saying behind the scenes isn't like this ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
fmdfadmin.jpg

......but maybe more like this ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
compusnooze.jpg compusleep.jpg

No Steve, we just don't like you! ;):p:D I kid, I kid!! :lol:

Gil is our Featured Thread Master, I bet he has featured some of your Asia finds! :yes:

Well there goes my conspiracy theories :lol:
Thanks for doing a great job guys... I hold contests once in a while to promote this site. The winners have almost all donated the prize to the website

Wow, you're busy! We appreciate all the work you guys put into keeping this a "Friendly" Metal Detecting Forum. :grin:

:laughing::laughing: If this Forum was a fenced and gated stadium full of dirty clad...then yeah, I'd get in somehow! Even if I had to bribe a groundskeeper! :laughing:

No you wouldn't... one past member has tried 7 times in the past 3 years to get back in but we catch him every time... ;)

Back
Top Bottom