I'll take seconds!

Steve77

Elite Member
I detected a local park today. I have detected this park often the last few years and pulled my first war nickel here last year. Well today I found my second one about fifty yards from my first one!

Also detected a friend of mine's yard, the home was built in 1886. Second time hunting here, last time I got a silver rosie, this time I got my second V nickel, an 1897! I haven't hit the back yard yet, hopefully there is more to be found.

Scored 1911, 1935 and 1946 wheats. I hunt pretty hard around here, and even wheats are hard to come by, I typically only find a wheat or so each week, so this was quite a haul for me.

Thanks for the comments!

This town was settled in 1858 and even now the population is 1000 people, so there tends to be very few old coins.

Nice pair of nickels you've got there! :thumbsup:

Congrats! Do you travel to other nearby towns/cities to look for the old coinage?

HH,
Raphis
Dan

That v nickel has great details on it! I've found 3 shield nickels and up until this season no v nickels. Its odd. I've only found maybe a half dozen buffs as well. I dig just about everything too. Great hunt! Keep it up!

Nice pair of nickels you've got there! :thumbsup:

Congrats! Do you travel to other nearby towns/cities to look for the old coinage?

HH,
Raphis
Dan

I travel some. I have health problems that keep me close to home. I typically only have 4-6 hours a day(at the most) that I feel good enough to drive or detect. If I push myself I will be miserable for several days. So I try to keep my excursions to 3 hours or so including drive time. To give you some perspective on how rural it is here, we are about 30 minutes from the nearest town with a Wal-Mart!

I keep doing research for this town hoping to find the right spots without having to venture too far away.

Very nice finds! I'm in a really rural area too so I know what you mean, any old coin is a real find! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom