3 Barber, plus Saturday & a 4 Rosie Sunday

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got out both yesterday and this morning for two hunts. I finally got to hunt a small portion of the church /school yard yesterday. The owner had mowed just a small area around the building limiting the area we could swing. He did promise to mow and rake the rest of the church yard this week providing the weather allowed him to finish seeding crops. Still it was a real thrill to hunt this virgin property that dates back to the 1840's. I shared this hunt with the owner as he used my AT Pro. It was astonishing watching as he dug every signal he had. I truly think he tired as after a little over an hour he put the machine down and said he had chores to do. He showed me a Wheat Penny and more than a few nails and screws along with some pop tops and can slaw. Not to sure he will try again. My recoveries were a little nicer. They include a Barber Trifecta with a 1907 Half, a 1916 Quarter and a 1912 Dime. Also dug 2 older Merc's. a 1919 and a 1927. With the 5 Silvers I did dig an 1892 Indian and 9 Wheat's.
This morning I went back to the park I hunted on Mother's day. Put in over 4 hours and manage to pull 4 Rosies. ("46","59", "63" & "64") Dug 10 wheat's and added $3.17 to the clad coffers. Also dug a Religious token and another Scout Kerchief Slide. The 9 Silvers from this weekend have me up to 60 FTY. As always hope all had safe and productive hunts. Jack

Attachments

• 5-16-15 .jpg
    5-16-15 .jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 445
  • 5-17-15 .jpg
    5-17-15 .jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 425
  • 5-17-15 1 .jpg
    5-17-15 1 .jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 430
Great stuff! Thanks for posting your finds. I enjoy seeing them since I'm not able to get out myself for a few weeks.

Holy cow! You had a great day for sure. Congrats.
It was couple of very nice outings Shed.
Ditto on the holy cow! Great finds!! That's a banner group of coins! Congrats!
It was a good time digging that's for sure Metal.
Beautiful coins and hunt congratz!
Thank you Digger.
Great hunt ! Love the half!
Appreciate the comments Jeff. It is only my 2nd ever Barber Half.
Great stuff! Thanks for posting your finds. I enjoy seeing them since I'm not able to get out myself for a few weeks.

Thank you GA. Hope you can get back out very soon. Jack

Wow! First barber trifecta I've seen posted! Congrats!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that's the first time I saw anybody pull a Barber trifecta. Very cool finds!
Thank you Bulette fo your kind comments.
Wow! Definitely a day to remember! Congrats on such a fine hunt!
JBrow I will remember this hunt but still have high hopes for the remaining areas of the property still to hunt.
Congrats on the Barber trifecta, the other silvers and the rest of the finds...Excellent pair of hunts Jack!
Thanks Bruce, hope to go back to the church before the end of the week.
Wow! First barber trifecta I've seen posted! Congrats!!!!!!!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guess I hadn't realize that this type of trifecta does not occur to often JWP. Appreciate your comments. Jack

Wow what a great day. The ground is kind to you. My Barbers never come out of the ground looking like they were dropped yesterday. Yours are in great shape, Congrats!

Beautiful coins! Congrats on all the nice finds.
Thank you for the nice comments Filo.
that was a totally awesome hunt .. big congrats !!
Appreciate the kind words Dragon.
Wow, I can't remember seeing a barber trifecta dug. Congrats on a couple great hunts.
Thanks Jason, never realized that this trifecta was rare but am very happy to have it. The Barber Half is only the 2nd second I ever dug. Only dug my first Barber Quarter last December and now have 4 This is an amazing hobby.
Wow what a great day. The ground is kind to you. My Barbers never come out of the ground looking like they were dropped yesterday. Yours are in great shape, Congrats!

Thank you Rinkus. You should look a little closer at the Barbers. While the quarter is in pretty nice shape, both the Half and the Dime are pretty worn. Even the Merc's are worn. Soap and water with a toothbrush cleans them up pretty good

Back
Top Bottom