My best week of metal detecting in awhile. 26 silver coins and a cool military medal.

GStout76

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone, I have finally cleaned up all of my coins from the past week (4 hunts) of detecting and they mostly turned out nice. Although I did end up leaving my signature on a couple of them! :lol:

I believe it was my best week ever of metal detecting as far as silver numbers go. The first hunt and second hunts were at a park that surprised and I think is still holding some oldies to find, but it is a drive to get there and with my 3 hour limit it eats up some of that time. The first hunt netted eight silvers with two of them being quarters and one of those an SLQ with no date. The second hunt was a 10 silver day with my first Franklin half. Boy was that a surprise!

My third hunt was in a back pocket park that has produced in the past and it included 3 silver coins and wheat pennies, which included my largest wheat penny spill of 8! They just kept coming out. I was hoping there was going to be at least 1 silver, but nope only the pennies. :(

The fourth hunt was a park that I hadn't been two in a very long time and I think letting it rest for that time gave me a fresh perspective on the park and it produced 5 rooseveldt's which was a nice surprise for a hunted park.

Anyways, it was a fun week of detecting (and surprising). Doubt I will have anymore weeks like this with my limited detecting schedule, but it did get the silver bug back in me!

I won't bore with the clad/wheat pics, but here are the cleaned up silver. Enjoy!

IMG_0155.jpg

Thanks for looking and see you on the turf,

Greg

Nice! As many silvers in a week as I will get this year. Congrats!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn Greg, you cleaned house!!! That's a fantastic week right there!

You almost doubled my silver count for the year in one week. I don't know whether to say congrats or something that would get me kicked off this forum. We'll go with congrats then. Seriously, great week man!

Back
Top Bottom