Field test on Thursday...

blackhole

Elite Member
Meeting up with a few guys from the forum on Thursday around 4pm. AGBKyle, Crazyslasher & Bigreddog to hunt a potato farm with 4 different machines. I can't wait to see how each one performs. Im hunting with a predator 2, with a Garret Crossfire 2, Super Sniper and a Garrett GTXA, Power DD as my coils. This next hunt will determine my next machine. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I just want a good value for my dollar. This will be my next machine for atleast 2 years. Thank you, Blackhole.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 192
This next hunt will determine my next machine. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I just want a good value for my dollar. This will be my next machine for atleast 2 years. Thank you, Blackhole.

One problem in determining the "best machine" based on who found the most at the end of the day is that, the desirable targets are not necessarily evenly scattered on the field.

A way around this dilemma is for whoever finds a deep target, to flag it and not dig it until later in the hunt. Those little flags that are used to mark where a sprinkler head is to be installed are great for this.

After several flags (10 to 20 flags) for the deepest targets are planted, each of you can go with your machine and see if your machine detects it. You can also compare what kind of sound and VDI reading each machine gets and determine if you would have dug the target based on what the machine is telling you. Then, as proof of the pudding, dig it up and see what it was.

One problem in determining the "best machine" based on who found the most at the end of the day is that, the desirable targets are not necessarily evenly scattered on the field.

A way around this dilemma is for whoever finds a deep target, to flag it and not dig it until later in the hunt. Those little flags that are used to mark where a sprinkler head is to be installed are great for this.

After several flags (10 to 20 flags) for the deepest targets are planted, each of you can go with your machine and see if your machine detects it. You can also compare what kind of sound and VDI reading each machine gets and determine if you would have dug the target based on what the machine is telling you. Then, as proof of the pudding, dig it up and see what it was.

We're planning on doing something like that. It's not a really test to see who has the best machine, but more of a test to see which machine Blackhole likes the most for his next purchase.

Meeting up with a few guys from the forum on Thursday around 4pm. AGBKyle, Crazyslasher & Bigreddog to hunt a potato farm with 4 different machines. I can't wait to see how each one performs. Im hunting with a predator 2, with a Garret Crossfire 2, Super Sniper and a Garrett GTXA, Power DD as my coils. This next hunt will determine my next machine. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I just want a good value for my dollar. This will be my next machine for atleast 2 years. Thank you, Blackhole.

Everytime I use my detector I wash it off in the shower :D yours needs a bath :lol:

We're planning on doing something like that. It's not a really test to see who has the best machine, but more of a test to see which machine Blackhole likes the most for his next purchase.
thank you all on your input. I truly appreciate it. I don't have a lot of money to spend on a machine and turn around to buy a new one in a year or so.My budget is $1300 and my wife will not support my hobby toys ever year or so:yes:

Back
Top Bottom