CTX 3030 Audio Module Not Coming On... Resolved problem

BBsGal

Forum Supporter
Hey all you experienced ctx 3030 people out there... My second hand machine seems to have one small issue.. The audio module is not coming on when I press the buttons. I put it on the charger and couldn't tell if it was charging or not, then this morning checked it again and still nothing.

Does anyone have an idea of what I need to do next to see if this thing even works? I can't find anything in the manual or on Minelab's site about this.

Thanks in advance, any info would help.

Last edited:
make sure you have turned on the wireless connection, turn on the module you should hear it make the startup noise. Do you have any lights at all ???

not sure if you need to turn the unit on first or the module first, but once it connect you should not have to reset in the unit again, unless you reset to factory settings.

when you put into charger is there a flashing green light ???? on module & on charger it should be solid green

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=312TE5JgdLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0izrJpVgkg
hope those two videos help, GL/HH enjoy your CTX

make sure you have turned on the wireless connection, turn on the module you should hear it make the startup noise. Do you have any lights at all ???

not sure if you need to turn the unit on first or the module first, but once it connect you should not have to reset in the unit again, unless you reset to factory settings.

when you put into charger is there a flashing green light ???? on module & on charger it should be solid green

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=312TE5JgdLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0izrJpVgkg
hope those two videos help, GL/HH enjoy your CTX

Thanks very much! The videos are just what I needed...

I have no green light when the module is plugged in to the charger, so I'll have to figure out if the cord is bad or what. Looks like that's my starting point.

Nope, the charger is testing fine, the module is dead as a mackerel and not taking a charge. Guess I'll have to call Minelab & see what they say.

The charger plug is weird as it can be plugged in backwards , both plug spades are exactly alike, try plugging it opposite of how you had it plugged in and see if it makes a difference.

The charger plug is weird as it can be plugged in backwards , both plug spades are exactly alike, try plugging it opposite of how you had it plugged in and see if it makes a difference.

Tried that, no luck. Thanks though, I appreciate the suggestion.

And I'm such a goof, there's a reset button that I tried pushing multiple times no dice, then tried again with it plugged in to the charger and viola', it magically came to life! :lol:

Sheesh!

Tried that, no luck. Thanks though, I appreciate the suggestion.

And I'm such a goof, there's a reset button that I tried pushing multiple times no dice, then tried again with it plugged in to the charger and viola', it magically came to life! :lol:

Sheesh!

That is good that it is working.:cool:

Awesome glad you got it working, there are lots of Videos on youtube, I just type in what I'm needing to know about the CTX and I usually find what I'm looking for. Thank God for youtube glad there is somewhere to get answers.

Once you get use to using the module, you won't ever want to be without it again.

Awesome glad you got it working, there are lots of Videos on youtube, I just type in what I'm needing to know about the CTX and I usually find what I'm looking for. Thank God for youtube glad there is somewhere to get answers.

Yes, they're really handy! Even my 84 year old Dad uses youtube videos to learn new stuff, it's his favorite part of the internet.

Once you get use to using the module, you won't ever want to be without it again.

I'd bet you're right!

But dang, as it turned out the light kept going out and the battery would not charge, so now I'm in wireless limbo until such time as a replacement battery arrives. Luckily changing batteries is simple, just another little delay waiting...
and working with the headphone cord until it does get here.

With the deal we got on it, I'm not going to complain bit either :grin:

Back
Top Bottom