steath device /silent search i found out that the one i bougth

bobcartree

Forum Supporter
dose not work well at all in day light ,cloudy ,and sun is even more bad, this is one of 2 out there,this has the one blub led, has any one got this one ,SILENT SEARCH is simply a method by which you can turn off the detector's speaker and allow you the benefit of silent searching without using headphones. Plug Jay's SILENT SEARCH in the detector's headphone jack and every time your detector finds an acceptable target the ultra bright red LED flashes to announce the presence of a target. Nothing changes with your hunting except the audio is gone. An ideal accessory for those with hearing problems or the complete loss of hearing:shock: a lot is lost,for those with hearing lost it would be better then nothing, ultra bright is a over statement ,unless its dark out,

Thanks for the review, I was curious how one of those would work out detecting. With my dad refusing to admit he is "hard of hearing", I have been looking at them. The headphones are currently plenty loud, but it's nice to have a plan.

You should try to add a "hood" around the light to allow you to see it outside. Such as a thick tube that is several inches long, just be sure the end over the light area doesn't let light in. For a cheap fix you could try a paper towel/toilet tube and some tape, or a better fix would be a section of proper size PVC pipe.

I've seen a couple different brands of the sound to light item, of course I can't find the links now. I did however remember there is another similar item - instead of light, the device plugs into the headphone and uses a vibrating motor to shake your detector like a cell phone, it's called the Vibra-Phone 280.

Back
Top Bottom