Welp, silver continues!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Grabbed another 5 boxes from the Royal Supplier bank early this afternoon, and just a bit ago finally finished the last box! It was another productive hunt for the Royal Treasure Box this afternoon.

Here is the reckoning:
Box 1 - 1 40% Ag Ken, 1 NIFC
Box 2 - 1 64 Ken, 2 NIFCs, 1 Proof
Box 3 - 1 40% Ag Ken, 2 NIFCs
Box 4 - 1 40% Ag Ken, 7 NIFCs
Box 5 - BLANK of any goodies! Dudsville.:no:

Totals - 1 64 Ken, 3 40% Ag Kens, 12 NIFC keepers, 1 Proof (clad)

KT is happy to add some additional silver to Ye Olde Treasure Chest! Recovering a 67, 68, and 69 Ken makes for an interesting CRH! And the NIFCs are helping to complete some rolls for the year....KT is keeping only 1 roll of each NIFC date, just as He did last year.

Well, enjoy the pictures and Keep thinking positive! Best of luck on your MDing and CRHing efforts in the coming week!

Attachments

• CRH 03 14 2019 1 64 Ken.JPG
    CRH 03 14 2019 1 64 Ken.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 339
  • CRH 03 14 2019 3 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    CRH 03 14 2019 3 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 329
  • CRH 03 14 2019 1 Proof.JPG
    CRH 03 14 2019 1 Proof.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 326
Grabbed another 5 boxes from the Royal Supplier bank early this afternoon, and just a bit ago finally finished the last box! It was another productive hunt for the Royal Treasure Box this afternoon.

Here is the reckoning:
Box 1 - 1 40% Ag Ken, 1 NIFC
Box 2 - 1 64 Ken, 2 NIFCs, 1 Proof
Box 3 - 1 40% Ag Ken, 2 NIFCs
Box 4 - 1 40% Ag Ken, 7 NIFCs
Box 5 - BLANK of any goodies! Dudsville.:no:

Totals - 1 64 Ken, 3 40% Ag Kens, 12 NIFC keepers, 1 Proof (clad)

KT is happy to add some additional silver to Ye Olde Treasure Chest! Recovering a 67, 68, and 69 Ken makes for an interesting CRH! And the NIFCs are helping to complete some rolls for the year....KT is keeping only 1 roll of each NIFC date, just as He did last year.

Well, enjoy the pictures and Keep thinking positive! Best of luck on your MDing and CRHing efforts in the coming week!
Great finds this week KT! I see that the 40%ers are nice and clean looking. Frankly it doesn’t matter what the 64 looks like because it’s 90% either way! Congrats on adding to the hoard as always.

I am a long way from you..I'm in NY..my roll hunting here won't take anything from you down south..but If you don't want to say what service your boxes come from that's fine.. I won't ask again..good luck

Welp.. methinks your illeism quite curious..but your source of coins is no longer a mystery..you posted it in the past..got no idea why you would make it public in past postings yet remain silent when asked the question..no matter.. Not for Joe dert to ponder..Joe has bigger fresher fish to fry..and Joe is hungry..

Great finds this week KT! I see that the 40%ers are nice and clean looking. Frankly it doesn’t matter what the 64 looks like because it’s 90% either way! Congrats on adding to the hoard as always.

All the 40%ers get dipped, but the Queen insists that KT not alter the appearance of any 90%er coins KT gathers! Thanks for your comments! ;)

Welp.. methinks your illeism quite curious..but your source of coins is no longer a mystery..you posted it in the past..got no idea why you would make it public in past postings yet remain silent when asked the question..no matter.. Not for Joe dert to ponder..Joe has bigger fresher fish to fry..and Joe is hungry..

No problem. KT just saw your post! The only coin supplier in the Royal Realm is Loomis...Brinks is not in this region. KT sees Loomis trucks delivering coins and paper money to most of the local businesses, from Walmart to specialty one owner shops.

Yep. Why keep it a secret, most CRHers do not have the funding to make a dent in KT's Loomis halves reserve! KT had one good friend who as a CRHer was killing it on nickels and dimes....he has been doing it for many more years than KT, and neither of us are in competition with each other. Same with penny CRHers, and they cannot yet even melt their copper pennies for scrap! KT knows there are penny hoarders out there in the Kingdom with a garage full of copper. If they are lucky, in their lifetime, the Mint will end the manufacture of all zincolns and end the denomination. Then they will cash out their hoard for the copper value, and end up with a few $1000 for years of effort. KT's hoard will bring $1000s for His Majesty or His Royal Heir, Prince John, when it cycles back up from its current modest value. Will not be sold till then! :D:D

My thanks to the king..may his jesters remain merry..yes Loomis is better than String and son..but I have read that Loomis is also culling silver. We will wait and see..my only tip back to his majesty is that I just opened a commercial account with a local bank..which means in this case up to $25,000 a month in free boxes.. Loomis.. but there is a Brinks in my town..So I will call them Monday to get a list of banks they service.. I will try them both..but definitely I had better luck with Loomis in the past..long live the king!

Congrats on the addition to the Royal Horde! I'd like to see your process. That's a lot of coins to pilfer through each week.

Keep it up KT!

As far as the coin suppliers picking out the silver, it just doesn’t seem cost effective.
Who knows, maybe large scale it is.
Why weren’t they doing that years ago when silver was a lot more valuable?
Maybe they were.

Keep it up KT!

As far as the coin suppliers picking out the silver, it just doesn’t seem cost effective.
Maybe they were.

It's easy to do if they dump all coin into a machine to verify bag counts before rolling..just like a coinstar machine..it separates out the silver and the magnetic coins..it must be profitable because String and son has a separate number to call to buy their silver and you can talk to a person not a machine recording..might not be long before they all do it..if silver jumps like it did about 8 years ago I think coin roll hunting bank boxes for silver will be dead..

My thanks to the king..may his jesters remain merry..yes Loomis is better than String and son..but I have read that Loomis is also culling silver. We will wait and see..my only tip back to his majesty is that I just opened a commercial account with a local bank..which means in this case up to $25,000 a month in free boxes.. Loomis.. but there is a Brinks in my town..So I will call them Monday to get a list of banks they service.. I will try them both..but definitely I had better luck with Loomis in the past..long live the king!

If you manage to consistently CRH $25 k a month then more power to you..you must be a young man with a good pair of eyes....KT manages $10 k a month with a sore back and a cararact! :laughing::laughing: KT has never seen a Brinks truck in His Royal Realm! Thank goodness!:lol: and the Royal Jesters thank you for your well wishes!

Congrats on the addition to the Royal Horde! I'd like to see your process. That's a lot of coins to pilfer through each week.

Well, come visit the Castle some Thursday afternoon, and KT will not only show you, but let you assist...but of course you will have to leave your findings with His Majesty, or be cast into the Royal Dungeon! :laughing::laughing:

Seriously, here is the Royal CRHing Process...spelled out:
After the boxes are transported to the Royal Counting Room and placed on the Royal ripping table, KT slices the lid from the first box with a jeweled razor sharp knife, then pulls out and stacks 10 rolls on the top of the rolls in the box. Then KT used a trusty pair of needle nose pliers to rip the first roll, letting the coins drop into an oversized plastic sandwich box. Does the next 9 rolls the same way, tossing the wrappers with each rip into a small trash can on the table. This is all done whilst His Majesty is standing, then KT takes the coin box and its empty mate to a Royal Recliner a few feet away, where He sits down, the two boxes resting in His Royal Lap. Since KT is right handed the full box on the right and the empty on the left. The Royal Recliner has two lamps, one on each side on end tables. Then KT starts the hunt, taking whatever coins are lined up in the full box, and placing them in His Left Hand. Using the right hand, if the coins are not date side up, the right hand is used to flip them over, generally spreading them, this action allows the viewing of the coin underneath so that if they both need to be flipped, it can be done in one motion. If neither coin is worth keeping they are readily dropped into the empty container. If a coin is worth keeping..silver, proof, foreign, NIFC, or oddities, like counter stamped or gold plated, they are set on the left table as He is seated. When the full box is empty and the empty box filled, KT rises, taking the now full box back over to the ripping table, and dumps the searched coins into a one gallon ziplock bag...each ziplock holding 2 dumped batches of searched coins. Process is repeated for the rest of the box! Upon completing each box, KT dumps the former wrappers into,the now empty box and pushes the cut lid down tightly, compressing the wrappers in the box. Each box will later be transported to the basement and fed into the Dungeon wood heater, to keeo the prisoners and their jailers warm! Meanwhile, upstairs in the Castle Keeper coins are then placed on the top of a short bookcase for later counting, and sorted into 90%ers, 40%ers, NIFCs, and others. This process is repeated for the second box. It results in 5 1-gallon ziplock bags, which are then transferred to a stout satchel and set on a chair out of the way. The entire process is repeated until all boxes are completed. It results in two 50 pound satchels and 3 ziplock bags weighing ~20 pounds, which are carried out and locked in the Royal Chariot for a trip the following date to the dump bank.

That's the basic procedure for handling 5000 coins over 4.5 hours in an afternoon. KT does NOT edge hunt! Simply because He would miss out on proofs and would still have to search all shiny copper edged coins for the NIFCs He collects. Too time consuming, besides KT thus only needs to examine the obverse side of each coin one time! Concerning bicentennial halves, because the reverse is also different, KT only has to glance at them to eliminate them, no flipping required, and because KT can through experience recognize even a worn Proof with just a glance, He can quickly set them aside.

Keep it up KT!

Maybe they were.

After several years of CRHing Loomis boxes, it is obvious from KT's results that Loomis is not picking any silver from their counting and rolling machines at this time! :lol::lol: Thank you for the encouragement, amc rulz! :D

I am doing 4 boxes a week currently.. I don't know if I have the time to do 50 boxes a month..or if my dump bank would even tolerate it..I'd like to try doubling my weekly search though..

I am doing 4 boxes a week currently.. I don't know if I have the time to do 50 boxes a month..or if my dump bank would even tolerate it..I'd like to try doubling my weekly search though..

Well doing that much a week you should be making some interesting finds..KT does not recall seeing any posts from you in this section of the Forum. It would be great if you could post some CRH hunts. You might be surprised at the interest!

Ok .. I will try... it's a great sub-forum..but I am not a spring chicken KT..I am a 57 year old father to an autistic 7 year old son..and mommy died of cancer after a six month battle about 4 years ago.. I do this because of my son.. because I have to spend all my time in persuit of money..yes.the love of money is the root of evil..but I love my son..to hell with evil..thank you for responding and encouraging me..

I don't spend all of my time in persuit of money.. I do though spend valuable time in persuit of sanity..this forum is one of few ways I can be connected to the rest of humanity in effort to stay mentally diverted from reality...thanks again KT..God bless you.. and best to you and your royal heir..

I don't spend all of my time in persuit of money.. I do though spend valuable time in persuit of sanity..this forum is one of few ways I can be connected to the rest of humanity in effort to stay mentally diverted from reality...thanks again KT..God bless you.. and best to you and your royal heir..

Joe, thank you for telling it like it is. You have a difficult road to travel, one that takes great strength, and there is nothing wrong with a diversion that also yields some money! My Royal Best to you in your endeavors...and in life.:yes:

The Royal Life I live in the Forum is a fun place for KT to be on a regular basis, just as CRH is a fun hobby. His majesty is about to turn 70, and looks forward to several more years of CRHing in the Castle!

Long live the King!

Thanks, amc rulz! As long as K T can see and fumble coins in the Royal Fingers, He will continue CRHing and reporting to the Loyal Followers on the Forum His Royal Results! :laughing::laughing:

Congrats on the silver and others! :woot:

Thanks, Wolf-Dog! KT loves the Silvers, but the others make it all really interesting! :lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom