Fisher F2 Metal Detector with 11" Double D Elliptical Search Coil

Pulltabby

Forum Supporter
What does the double D mean? is it just the shape or circuitry, my guess should be like the DD on Minelab but do not know, I assume should increase depth.

thanks again, HH

concentric-vs-dd-1.jpg

Side view
,,,,,,,,,,Concentric..........,,,,,,,,,..FRONT .DD...,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SIDE...DD

concentric-vs-dd-2.jpg

A wider scanning field, very good for searching large areas and covering a lot of ground with a little less overlapping.
Also many think it is better to snake between trash at trashy sites.
They are also known to be less affected by mineralized soil than concentrics.

The downside is the discrimination is a little less precise and no matter what brand of coil a lot of those higher end pop tops will present themselves as good targets like dimes instead of the trash that they are.
Not that much of a problem on this type of trash using concentrics, and even using DD coils there are some techniques you can use to figure many of these out before you dig them, but the fact is if you use DD coils many of these can still fool you.

When I hunt areas that have tons of these I use concentrics for this reason.
The pic below is one 3 hour hunt I had at a very old and super trashy park the first time I ever used a DD coil.
I use concentrics at sites like these when I come across them nowadays.

Attachments

• trash.jpg
    trash.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 256
A wider scanning field, very good for searching large areas and covering a lot of ground with a little less overlapping.
Also many think it is better to snake between trash at trashy sites.
They are also known to be less affected by mineralized soil than concentrics.

The downside is the discrimination is a little less precise and no matter what brand of coil a lot of those higher end pop tops will present themselves as good targets like dimes instead of the trash that they are.
Not that much of a problem on this type of trash using concentrics, and even using DD coils there are some techniques you can use to figure many of these out before you dig them, but the fact is if you use DD coils many of these can still fool you.

When I hunt areas that have tons of these I use concentrics for this reason.
The pic below is one 3 hour hunt I had at a very old and super trashy park the first time I ever used a DD coil.
I use concentrics at sites like these when I come across them nowadays.

Thanks for tips, wow looks like you also made it easier for the next hunt or hunter, that is a lot of digging there. I'm sure you have a few good keepers also.

hh

Hey digger when you get a hit that shows up at quarter with the dd drop a quarter next to it then go over it with the coil on pinpoint mode then go over the target on pinpoint mode you hear a difference if its a bottle cap, eventually you'll learn to tell a difference( especially you) i did.

Hey digger when you get a hit that shows up at quarter with the dd drop a quarter next to it then go over it with the coil on pinpoint mode then go over the target on pinpoint mode you hear a difference if its a bottle cap, eventually you'll learn to tell a difference( especially you) i did.

Mostly using the new F70 with the 11" DD coil nowadays.
On most bottle caps when you scan those things with the center of the coil you get a reading in the higher numbers but when you rim them using the front, back or even the side edges of the coil it changes to an iron tone with low numbers so on most of them I can tell what they are and I let them continue their dirt nap.

This will work using most DD coils.

Are you able to buy this 11" DD coil for an F2 somewhere? I'm not easily finding it. And what does it typically cost? Thanks.

Mostly using the new F70 with the 11" DD coil nowadays.
On most bottle caps when yo scan those things with the center of the coil you get a reading in the higher numbers but when you rim them using the front, back or even the side edges of the coil it changes to an iron tone with low numbers so on most of them I can tell what they are and I let them continue their dirt nap.

This will work using most DD coils.

Good tip thanks

Are you able to buy this 11" DD coil for an F2 somewhere? I'm not easily finding it. And what does it typically cost? Thanks

No idea where the coil is sold, what got my interest was that I saw the complete unit on Ebay...do not own the DD.

Back
Top Bottom