$5000 Goodwill Find

atleast shes trying to find the rightful owner, id probably do the same, and after 30 days would just keep it....GL+HH.....cliff.

Thats cool. That is how I scratch my treasure itch during the winter months. I have found some silver forks and spoons and also bought a 1940's jewelry box for $2 and sold it for $20. Not alot but I figure its like finding a few days worth of clad:D

Ya, unfortunately the chances of hunting down the real owner is dwindling because all the greedy a&%*@#$s are trying claim whats not theirs is taking credibility away from the possible real owner. Unless there is an inscription inside the band that the real owner can describe or if its a special design then its a real long shot.

I would hope the owner of the ring had insurance on it, being that it is worth $6500. They could have reported it stolen or something I guess. That being said: If she finds the owner, and they actually recieved a check for it from the insurance company, does the owner let her keep it or take it back?

Those pants are hideous though. Haha.

lol, i guess when you show a PHOTO of the ring, yes you're going ot have all kinds of people claiming it! :roll::laughing:

Might be the reason for publishing the picture, no way to verify, and discredits any legitimate claim. Never can really tell about donations either, could be the owner intended to give it, not thinking that maybe the value would be lost on any who examined it. How often do such donation get made? Maybe part of an estate, sometimes everything left at a sale, or unclaimed by the family, just gets boxed up and donated.

Yes, we heard it here.

It is bound to happen. Places like goodwill cant check everything that comes in.

Other places are the same.

I bought a computer book a couple years ago at a used bookstore and found the old owners wedding certificate being used as a bookmark.

I returned it to the happy owner... he never told his wife. lol.

This may not be the place to "air" this BUT:

I used to be fond of Goodwill but since having a disagreement with them I don't frequent it as much. Case in point. All items are GIVEN to them FREE. Now the local one here near me advertises record albums at 99 cents BUT I guarantee you if it is Elvis Presley or The Beatles -- it's under lock and key in the front cabinet for no less than $15 each! That's just one example. They USED to have jewelry there but now it is ONLINE only and I promise you all REAL jewelry is sold for high prices (like it is from a jewelry store). Not right! That's stuff is free to them.

I complained to the manager one time saying that if you are going to be selling stuff at "antique and collectible" prices then you need to put a sign on your door or window that you are an antique/collectible dealer! I also told the home office and now that manager is no longer there! :D :laughing:

Also, I was told that the stuff was priced in their home "office" or location -- like I believe that -- NOT!

You never know where treasure will show up, but I'm positive it will not find me. :no:

I used to be fond of Goodwill but since having a disagreement with them I don't frequent it as much. Case in point. All items are GIVEN to them FREE. Now the local one here near me advertises record albums at 99 cents BUT I guarantee you if it is Elvis Presley or The Beatles -- it's under lock and key in the front cabinet for no less than $15 each! That's just one example. They USED to have jewelry there but now it is ONLINE only and I promise you all REAL jewelry is sold for high prices (like it is from a jewelry store). Not right! That's stuff is free to them.

I complained to the manager one time saying that if you are going to be selling stuff at "antique and collectible" prices then you need to put a sign on your door or window that you are an antique/collectible dealer! I also told the home office and now that manager is no longer there! :D :laughing:

I hear ya. I can get clothes 1/2 the price of Goodwill downtown at the animal shelter store. And there is a shop out of town that only carries grade A used clothes equal or better than GW price too.

I work with Goodwill. In my local area, one of the Goodwill stores sold an art work that was framed to a lady. This art work was worth $20,000!! You just don't know what you can come across at a Goodwill.

I work with Goodwill. In my local area, one of the Goodwill stores sold an art work that was framed to a lady. This art work was worth $20,000!! You just don't know what you can come across at a Goodwill.

That would not have happened at our store here. No they might not have sold it at it's VALUE of $20,000 but I promise you it would not have been cheap. Someone there would have known the value. I believe they go through the stuff before it's put out. Something like that would have definitely not gone in a store -- it would have been put ONLINE!

That would not have happened at our store here. No they might not have sold it at it's VALUE of $20,000 but I promise you it would not have been cheap. Someone there would have known the value. I believe they go through the stuff before it's put out. Something like that would have definitely not gone in a store -- it would have been put ONLINE!

Sad to say.But it is kind of like those bell ringers every year have someone throw gold coins in the pot at Christmas.Then someone brought up the point.Think about all the free advertising they get every year without paying for it.Does the Salvation army do this themselves? I mean it has been going on every year forever.We may never know!

Back
Top Bottom