Tapatalk adware???

I think it's just part of the forum software partnership or something. I get those every so often too. I just ignore and they go away, don't want to use taptalk. A firearms forum I'm also on uses the same forum software and I got that message on both sites.

I think it's just part of the forum software partnership or something. I get those every so often too. I just ignore and they go away, don't want to use taptalk. A firearms forum I'm also on uses the same forum software and I got that message on both sites.

I don't wanna use tapatalk either, the less the better for me. I do stream, er...borrow movies and tv shows and watch them on my phone and land on some shady sites that try to auto-install junk on my phone sometimes though. Was hoping it's not a virus, been pretty nifty about dodging most attacks but some slip through and lock up my device every once in a blue moon.

I just saw it today as well when on my iPad. I just canceled it. Maybe it's a periodic thing they do.

It's not a virus or spyware, just click cancel.

Why did it start doing the prompt where you have to click cancel rather than just annoy you at the top of the page? Now I have to do an extra click to get to the forum. I know, it's only a click but, it something we shouldn't have to do.

If you use it, that's fine...but it gets a little annoying when logging in mobile and it comes up every single time. Once every 20 or so logins would be alright, but everytime is getting obnoxious.

Weird I don't have that issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you use it, that's fine...but it gets a little annoying when logging in mobile and it comes up every single time. Once every 20 or so logins would be alright, but everytime is getting obnoxious.

Besides my desktop, I view the Forum daily on my tablet and it only came once.

Weird I don't have that issue

That's why I was curious if it was actually adware that was authorized by the forum owners. I could understand if it was helping fund the forum and that would be fine, but it just seems like it's wanting to pull to an app just to post. If that app has ads, then surely they are making money from trying to pull us. I don't use tapatalk so I don't know?

Besides my desktop, I view the Forum daily on my tablet and it only came once.

Do you stay logged in with the check box? This is on an iphone 6 just for reference. I use private browsing but do have the box checked to stay logged in, but if I open too many other web searches it knocks me out which is normal, because it has to reload the page meaning I have to log in again. And then it comes up everytime that happens.

That's why my original question was is it the site or my phone. Phones get infected too, but it's happening to others also it looks like...but maybe not with the same frequency?

That's why I was curious if it was actually adware that was authorized by the forum owners. I could understand if it was helping fund the forum and that would be fine, but it just seems like it's wanting to pull to an app just to post. If that app has ads, then surely they are making money from trying to pull us. I don't use tapatalk so I don't know?

Does have adds and if u don't want to see them I think it's 15.00 one time fee, in which I paid because I like to view and follow from my phone

Does have adds and if u don't want to see them I think it's 15.00 one time fee, in which I paid because I like to view and follow from my phone

Pretty much like everything else these days then. Maybe the forum should contact them and demand a percentage since they are obviously getting paid partially by ads, sounds only fair since they are advertising their app here somehow. :yes:

Pretty much like everything else these days then. Maybe the forum should contact them and demand a percentage since they are obviously getting paid partially by ads, sounds only fair since they are advertising their app here somehow. :yes:

They do pay a little.

FYI this started happening on another forum I am on and this is what they said about and it no longer does it.

"That popup prompting users to download the tapatalk app was a hook on the tapatalk plugin that was not disabled. I have disabled that so that popup should no longer show when you are browsing from your mobile device."

Back
Top Bottom