Maintaining the friendliness

Rudy

Admin
Dear members,

The first sentence in our forum rules read: "The purpose of this forum is to create a "relaxed, friendly" atmosphere to discuss our favorite hobby of metal detecting."

Lately, there have been too many instances of rather unfriendly and rude responses to members, some, downright insulting. This state of affairs must be stopped and the friendly environment of this forum restored. Repeated warnings to the perpetrators have not worked and the same cast of characters has continued their destructive behavior.

Since friendly persuasion on the part of the Moderators and Administrators have not worked, we will start handing out 30 day vacations to anyone that makes a post of an insulting nature, or one designed to ridicule, or attack, another forum member, even if in jest. Same will apply to the chat rooms.

We are sorry that these measures are necessary to restore the friendly atmosphere that is the epitome of this forum.

It's sad that we have to take it to the next level , but I totally agree . I've had the pleasure of hunting and knowing Vlad and Carol for a number of years now . Thanks to them we have a friendly forum . And as a member I totally agree that we take what ever measures needed to keep it friendly . This is a forum I'm not only enjoy , but am also honored to be a part of . Thanks for keeping it a nice place to visit and share our info on history .

So in short don't be a meanie bajeani..

...can I at least post one post called" naninani booboo stick your head in doodoo" when I find my epic treasure? Jk

Fun hobby

As we all know there will be differences in opinion and debate the unknown. True discovery should be the goal. Some just like to mislead. That's not friendly no matter how polite. A friendly debate is awesome and discovery can be made. Some of the smilies can be down right rude also. This hobby isn't a pissing contest. Go dig history! Good luck to all! HH 401K

I fully support this decision, I cant stand folks who belittle and insult others. Like the name states, "Friendly Metal Detecting Forum" Lets keep it that way!!

It's sad that we have to take it to the next level , but I totally agree . I've had the pleasure of hunting and knowing Vlad and Carol for a number of years now . Thanks to them we have a friendly forum . And as a member I totally agree that we take what ever measures needed to keep it friendly . This is a forum I'm not only enjoy , but am also honored to be a part of . Thanks for keeping it a nice place to visit and share our info on history .

I totally agree.. as for you "hunting and knowing Vlad and Carol" I hope the hunt ended well and nobody was harmed :laughing:

This is a great forum, friendly and fun and flaming and other trolling and unpleasantness doesn't abide with the dude..

HH

Many thanks Rudy.
I know you have a tough job having to deal with these types of problems. I just want you to know this member backs you 100% and I really appreciate your effort.
DG

I got no problem with these measures...

Reminds me of a little plaque next to my Grandma's door...

Everyone who comes through this door brings us happyness.. Some by coming, others by leaving...

<°)))>{

Sometimes our day spills over into the forum and unlike our mouths sometimes at least when typing on here we have a moment to reflect on what's being typed and we should as adults control ourselves better. I admit I have gotten smart with someone on here but we handled it. I agree with the decision made to hand out vacations and hopefully that will help install that filter that's needed to keep this a friendly forum.

great post Rudy! :yes:

some of the issues i see are directed towards new(er) members. i know some folks may get tired of seeing older issues brought up by the new guy, but just because someone may be new to the forum doesn't mean that anyone has to snap at them for asking something which may have been answered previously.
patience and understanding goes a long way!

well im glad school has been keeping me busy and off the forum and allowed me to miss some apparent heat. Thanks for posting Rudy.

I am glad you put a kibosh on it. Wanting to relax without confrontation is why I'm here and learned not to say much due to a couple that intend to stir things up. Hard liquor in one hand and keyboard in the other might have something to do with it as well.

Thank you Rudy for fulfilling your duties as moderator. We all enjoy this forum for its civility and sense of fellowship. Your efforts on behalf of us is appreciated!
Gratefully,
Danny T

Guilty! For a 52 year old guy you would think that I could hold my tongue once in awhile LOL!
But...... digging season is upon us and I will be outside more than inside. No more problems from me until the snow flies again LOL!

reminds me of a saying...

The beatings will increase until morale improves.

Just kidding! Keep on doing the great job, mods and owners/admins.

Thank you all for your understanding and support.

We can't be on the forum 24/7, or read every post (we do have a life :D). So please help us. If you happen upon an offending post, please report it by clicking on the red-rimmed white triangle with a red exclamation mark.

Back
Top Bottom