Colonel Decatur's house

biliff1

Elite Member
Colonel Decatur had an encampment in Gales Ferry, CT during the war of 1812. His house is in the historical District of town and I asked the owner's permission to detect his property today. The hunt started out slow and we were not getting alot of good hits. Well we kept at it and found some cool things. One is a 1943 Australian Half Penny, Cool, but not very eye popping. I also recovered a skelleton Key, and a boy scout wall hook. What I need help with is the medallion thing with the baby on it. It looks like it would hang on a ribbon. Any Ideas what this could be?

Attachments

• 1754 house - Decatur 018.JPG
    1754 house - Decatur 018.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 1,226
  • 1754 house - Decatur 013.JPG
    1754 house - Decatur 013.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,225
  • 1754 house - Decatur 011.JPG
    1754 house - Decatur 011.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,209
  • Baby medalion.jpg
    Baby medalion.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,229
Cool finds, Im surprised that they gave you permission, being in a historic district. Find any clad? Congrats. Now if only you could detect Col. Sanders!

Colonel Decatur had an encampment in Gales Ferry, CT during the war of 1812. His house is in the historical District of town and I asked the owner's permission to detect his property today. The hunt started out slow and we were not getting alot of good hits. Well we kept at it and found some cool things. One is a 1943 Australian Half Penny, Cool, but not very eye popping. I also recovered a skelleton Key, and a boy scout wall hook. What I need help with is the medallion thing with the baby on it. It looks like it would hang on a ribbon. Any Ideas what this could be?

Pocket watch fob

Baby medallion or Babe

Colonel Decatur had an encampment in Gales Ferry,...

SNIP

What I need help with is the medallion thing with the baby on it. It looks like it would hang on a ribbon. Any Ideas what this could be?

Looks more like a BABE nude, hiding her privates and coming out of the water on a lake, you can see some twigs, reeds on the bottom right of HER.

If considering that the figurine is that of a BABE, it gives it another tone for the research of what it is.

;)

Back
Top Bottom