A double dime trifecta! Plus a scarce counter stamped injun!

..............is the counterstamped 1869 injun. Here's what little info I found on the stamp: "This C.F. ULRICH logo is the mark of Conrad F. Ulrich of New Haven, CT. He was a master engraver with the Winchester Rifle Company. Today, his artistically engraved rifles realize many thousands of dollars at auction. About ten of Conrad's stamped coins are known, of which this 1882 is the latest date thus far recorded." Really happy to have this coin, which is also a semi-key date as well. If anyone happens to find anymore info on C.F. Ulrich please feel free to share! .............

Here's an 1870 shield nickel he counter-stamped. It sold at auction for 168 dollars in 2007.

https://www.liveauctionworld.com/C-F-Ulrich-New-Haven-Conn-Counterstamped-Five_i7281623

Saw the old double dime trifecta in the heading and had to look .
Just do not see them posted much at all .
A big big day.

That Indian is incredible. The reason we all hunt . That thing could go for sick money. A lot of serious Indian collectors out there.
Wowđź‘Ť
Dew

Another incredible hunt Jeff, your on fire lately! Sounds like you found a great spot, I hope to someday find a spot worth nicknaming, or at least giving a positive nickname to. :lol: Congrats on a great hunt Jeff and I look forward to seeing you guys in October.

Congrats on an outstanding day of hunting! Double trifecta, two semi-key date coins and one with a rare counterstamp? I’d be pounding that place every chance I got.:lol: Be careful with those needles laying around.

:wow2: Congrats on all the cool finds! It's definitely not common to get two trifectas, and the counterstamped injun is very neat. :hi5:

The double trifecta is crazy, but that counterstamped ihp is crazy cool!

I'm going to start counterstamping zincolns. Find 'em before they disappear! [emoji2957]

Congrats on on such an amazing find and day [emoji846]

Wonder why they counter stamped an ihp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm guessing it was used as advertising on something they knew would get circulated? Just a guess though. Pretty cool though. I want to make one now.

Back
Top Bottom