A double dime trifecta! Plus a scarce counter stamped injun!

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, got back out to barber park today. After yesterday's hunt, wasn't exactly sure how much was left here, but this place is HUGE, so it will take some time to give it a good scan. Not to mention its all woods, lots of signals are easily missed due to bushes, branches, etc.. Low and slow has been the key here, lots of can tops, pull tabs, homeless camps, needles, I think you get the picture :roll: the coins really never stopped coming, and by the end of it all I had 7 silver's, tying my personal best in one hunt. One a worn semi key 1897-S barber dime. The find of the day in my opinion though is the counterstamped 1869 injun. Here's what little info I found on the stamp: "This C.F. ULRICH logo is the mark of Conrad F. Ulrich of New Haven, CT. He was a master engraver with the Winchester Rifle Company. Today, his artistically engraved rifles realize many thousands of dollars at auction. About ten of Conrad's stamped coins are known, of which this 1882 is the latest date thus far recorded." Really happy to have this coin, which is also a semi-key date as well. If anyone happens to find anymore info on C.F. Ulrich please feel free to share! I might go back out tomorrow, but will give barber park a rest I think. Until next time, thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• 0820191635_Film4.jpg
    0820191635_Film4.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 607
  • 0820191635a_Film4.jpg
    0820191635a_Film4.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 516
  • 0820191635b_Film4.jpg
    0820191635b_Film4.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 511
  • 0820191636_Film4.jpg
    0820191636_Film4.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 552
  • 0820191636a_Film4.jpg
    0820191636a_Film4.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 531
You are on fire! I was just reading a little about Ulrich today. Researching early Winchester’s...I work at a nationally known firearms seller. His engraved firearms demand a premium.

Congrats on yet another record.

Incredible finds!! Man you must have some killer spots if you ain’t pounding that place daily! I know I would be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the double dime trifecta Jeff. Also the IHP is an awesome find. To be able to tie it to somebody is great. Seems you found yourself a honeyhole. HH Mark

You are on fire! I was just reading a little about Ulrich today. Researching early Winchester’s...I work at a nationally known firearms seller. His engraved firearms demand a premium.

Congrats on yet another record.
Thanks man! I took a look at some of his work, and wow! Beautiful firearms for sure, it's no wonder they cost so much! Good luck out there!
Incredible finds!! Man you must have some killer spots if you ain’t pounding that place daily! I know I would be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I'm very fortunate to have 3-4 similar parks in my area, but of course they are loaded with junk. Gotta go slow and listen for the small peeps amongst the really big peeps lol happy hunting!
Bonkers. Were they mostly scattered or were some in a spill?

Congrats!
I had a 3 wheat spill, and 2 of the rosies were only a couple inches apart, other than that they were all scattered throughout a hillside. It was a sled hill im sure, and ill guarantee people used to sit on this hill overlooking the water. Happy hunting!
Some very nice finds. Congrats.

HD
Thanks HD!
Wooohooooo!!!! Dayyyuuumm Jeff! That’s a killer spot man, nice work and congrats on the history!

Appreciate it bud! Its a late 1800's park, still in use, mostly by kids partying and hobo's :laughing: but there's some really good stuff in there, no doubt about it. Good luck and happy hunting!

That would be one very fine outing Jeff. A double Dime trifecta with bonus is having a fantastic day. Heck your on a great run recently bringing home the goodies. Love the counter stamped Indian, a true treasure in itself as that man has a very enamored history. Hope this hot streak stays on you back for a long ride. Congrats my friend. Trapper

CONGRATS! That’s a wonderful day and a great spot for sure.:?: but bum camps, you’re brave some days I get nervous at the outdoor basketball courts here in my town no needles yet but I could fill up a bucket with empty nip bottles some mornings. :mad:

That indian is way cooler than any of that silver. Counterstamping was most popular around 1830s-50s. I found a counterstamped 1856 dime but never on an indian. Congrats

Wow, epic hunt. You have an incredible site to work! I would be keen on finding out if the counterstamped indian has a premium above the coin value.

Congrats on all of that silver and the cool counterstamped IHP.

Looks like the park is gonna keep on giving.

Back
Top Bottom