Asheville NC - first vacation in 3+ years, is Asheville target rich?

Delta2187

I have an opportunity to spend a week in Asheville but my local contact can't help with local contacts, permission, access to areas to MD. I'm only going to have a week and I would love to find someone familiar with the area that would be willing to share their knowledge and recommend some sites.

I've been detecting for about 3 years, have an AT Pro and I'm not picky about what I hunt for - though I do really enjoy relic hunting.

Thanks,
Tom

Hello,
I'm not near Asheville, but I know the Bingham Military School moved to Asheville in about 1907. I don't think you can post websites here, but if you search on Civil War and Asheville you will find a site for 'romanticasheville' that has the top ten Civil War sites in Asheville. I would get permission near a few of those. No place is ever hunted out. HH
John

I'm going to be in Black Mountain, NC for Thanksgiving and was wondering the same thing.

Thanks

I dont know anything about MDing over there but since youre going to be in the area on vacation you might want to check out the Dupont Forest, its a nice place with some great waterfalls which dont require alot of hiking to get to. Just a thought on something for you to do. Enjoy your vacation.

Back
Top Bottom