Tips For Buddy Detecting

soughtseven1035

Forum Supporter
I've hunted in the past with my dad, and of course, he made me dig most of them. What is the best way to get the most ground covered and find more things faster if 2 people have their own detector. One person's detector is a new-age model and another's is an old coin finder that does exceptionally well? Should we just use the new detector and leave the old one behind? Should we use both to cover more ground?

I've hunted in the past with my dad, and of course, he made me dig most of them. What is the best way to get the most ground covered and find more things faster if 2 people have their own detector. One person's detector is a new-age model and another's is an old coin finder that does exceptionally well? Should we just use the new detector and leave the old one behind? Should we use both to cover more ground?

both run there machines.... unless im misunderstanding this.... it seems like it would be pretty sucky to be the shovel guy.

SPEED DETECTING (Good for short hunts)
(1) Use both machines,
(2) Scan the target and pinpoint, (don't scan 10 or so times like on YOUTUBE just to hear the machine beep!)
(3) Dig your own target and use a hand-held pin pointer if you have one, to quickly find the target.
(4) Don't waste time cleaning targets in the field, that can be done at home. (None of that - what's the date on that stinking Lincoln? and 10 minutes of cleaning)
:laughing:

Thanks for the replies guys. I just thought that having one nice detector and having one person dig would speed things up more. That way more ground can be covered because there will be less time digging. Also the person with the detector can easily just go over teh spot to pinpoint it a lot faster.

Just keep your distance from each other as detectors can interfere with each other like a bad case of EMI. I think V3i to V3i I had to be about 30' or so away before things quieted down last time I ran into a V3i guy on the beach...

Back
Top Bottom