Heading To The Florida Keys This Weekend!

JBEXPRESS

Lunch Time Bandit
Forum Supporter
We decided that we wanted to go to the Keys for the weekend ( Sat-Sun ) to enjoy the beaches with the family, go snoreling, shell collecting & I can get some Md'ing done to. Hopefully the weather is nice and I can find some goodies. We will probably be stopping all through the Keys to different beaches But We will be spending a lot of time at Bahia Honda State Park which is really beautiful and has a great sunset. I will let you guys know how it went. Well wish me luck!

Here is a link to where we are going, has 5 pages of beautiful pictures.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/bahiahonda/photogallery.cfm?pagenum=1

History about the Park!

http://www.floridastateparks.org/history/parkhistory.cfm?parkid=143

Attachments

• bah-bahiahondabridgeatsunset-michellewisniewski.jpg
    bah-bahiahondabridgeatsunset-michellewisniewski.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 167
Have a wonderful time and good luck!

Sweet expedition your headed off to James! Man you're gonna do good...Gotta feeling you gonna find some gold bud. Just leave me some if and when I ever get a chance to get down there. :lol:

There used to be a railroad that went down there. As if
riding in a car over those LONG bridges isn't a bit unsettling
enough. Enjoy your time there and good luck on the hunts!

Attachments

• Key west 012.jpg
    Key west 012.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 145
See that photo of the iron work? Flagler's trains rode through that like any other suspended railway. When his railroad ended with the Labor Day hurricane of "35", the remaining rail bridges were converted to auto roads. But instead of putting the car road on the same level as the train tracks, they chose instead to build the dang road on top of the iron bridges. In that sunset photo you can still see handrails for pedestrians. The cars rode on top for no good reason I can think of. Must have been scary.

The Lower Keys are not Florida in any traditional sense. We are a different country. More a Caribbean nation than part of the US. There is no place in the US as pretty if you ask me. Key West is as hole compared to he beauty of the outlying islands.

JB, you should have a good time if the cost of living doesn't give you sticker shock. Everything in stores lately has skyrocketed.

Old Town

Back
Top Bottom