Small bombardment

Voriax

Forum Supporter
Hi all. Went today to the nearby shooting range and took one of my 'weird' weapons with me...a 1/3 downscaled copy of a 10" mortar from early 19th century. Here are couple frames from a video I took with my old Canon ixus.
Didn't quite catch the projectile in these pics but it's a concrete cylinder the size of a beer can..actually I do use beer cans as molds when making those :)

Voriax

Attachments

• mortar1.jpg
    mortar1.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 163
  • mortar2.jpg
    mortar2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 175
  • mortar3.jpg
    mortar3.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Nice. I remember when I was a kid my uncle had something similar that would launch a 4' evergreen about 30 feet in the air.

That thing looks cool. I want to fire it!!

Too much fun

Voriax: Some guys have too much fun!!

Great photo. And I'd give anything for swivel-mounted 2" falconet for my sailboat. Blackpowder IS a blast.

Old Town

cool....seen one of those on that show Pawn Stars. Does your shoot bowling balls too?

Homemade Mortars

I made one out of an old tank shell (punch out the primer and appoxy in a cut off nail), coffee cans (drill hole in center of bottom and epoxy in a shotgun primer), black powder, cardboard discs, and cement...Would shoot over 300 yards, and leave a 3 foot hole in the ground...never could get one to explode on impact...I tried everything...lol...Yeah...we were nutso kids...A wonder any of us survived...

HH,

I made one out of an old tank shell (punch out the primer and appoxy in a cut off nail), coffee cans (drill hole in center of bottom and epoxy in a shotgun primer), black powder, cardboard discs, and cement...Would shoot over 300 yards, and leave a 3 foot hole in the ground...never could get one to explode on impact...I tried everything...lol...Yeah...we were nutso kids...A wonder any of us survived...

HH,

You are my kind of guy. We could have been brothers.

OT

Back
Top Bottom