• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Local factory fire pics

tater

Elite Member
This fire happened in the next town over from me. For the fire guys-what is wrong with this picture.

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 191
as it has been about 14 years for me Ill go out on a limb. The only thing I can see wrong with the first picture is he doesnt have his nomexx hood on. We put our masks on over the nomexx mabe this has changed like I said it has been 14+ years

Looks like a pretty bad fire!

is his tank upside down? I didn't know they wore their tanks upside down.

as it has been about 14 years for me Ill go out on a limb. The only thing I can see wrong with the first picture is he doesnt have his nomexx hood on. We put our masks on over the nomexx mabe this has changed like I said it has been 14+ years

Yep you got it. He is putting his helmet on with no nomex. I would no longer be an officer if i tried to enter a fire like that but i guess he could have been on the outside. Anyway this department did a really good job of putting the fire out and the temps were in the mid 90s. Hate this weather when it comes to fires.

Looks like a pretty bad fire!

is his tank upside down? I didn't know they wore their tanks upside down.

Not upside down carol if the regulator was on top you cant reach it with all your gear on. I am not a firefighter but work in the chemical industry with extremely hazardous/flammable materials SCBA units are used regularly and with full suits on mobility is very restricted. God bless fire fighters and the job they do. We man our own fire brigade at the plant and safety ios paramount we never want a fire here it could have the potential to be disaster.

I didn't catch the nomex issue, but I was wondering where his partner was? I thought fireguys usually worked in at least teams of 2.

I didn't catch the nomex issue, but I was wondering where his partner was? I thought fireguys usually worked in at least teams of 2.

Yeah we do. But this guy is on the outside. I went on a fire a couple of years ago when we had teams of at least 3 and most had 5. Tire recycle center we up. Talk about a few long nights!!! Burned for a month i think.

Back
Top Bottom