Pinpointer VS ace 400

Wglwrm

I'm using my ace 400... I get a good signal... I dig, hit the hole with my pinpointer and my detector goes crazy once I turn on the pinpointer. It's really annoying. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Wrm

I sus[pect thAT you are getting the pin pointer too close to the coil. But I have never had a pin pointer interfere with my machine.

Ditto... never had my Garrett Carrot interfere with my AT Pro, unless really close, then your coil will detect the pinpointer...

How close are your pinpointer and coil? Set your detector down with the coil away from the hole. I've never heard of pinpointer interference?

Very simple fix...…..move the detector away just a few inches or rotate it so the coil is further away from the pinpointer. Problem solved. My Ace 400 does the same thing but so did my White's M6.

I have tried turning it around, facing coil away tothe back of me. I have moved the detector past a good arms length away. I noticed if I take it out of artifact mode, it's not so bad.

I have tried turning it around, facing coil away tothe back of me. I have moved the detector past a good arms length away. I noticed if I take it out of artifact mode, it's not so bad.
Knock down the sensitivity a notch and see what happens. With my ace 400 sensitivity set at two notches below max the pinpointer goes off until it's about two feet away from the coil. Knocking the sensitivity down one more notch, the pinpointer won't sound off until it's about 9 inches away.

Back
Top Bottom