My new XP Deus is making me happy

Johnny Metal

I’ve had my new Deus for three weeks now and am truly impressed. Every time I take it out to my test field I come back with another ¥1000 (about $10). The tuning that is possible with this little lightweight beast is fantastic. Has anyone upgraded an old kit to the Deus recently and been blown away? The most important progress I’ve made is that I can leave the shovel at home and do all my hunting with only a garden trowel. I can put the whole kit in a small backpack and go traveling and hunting anywhere I please on the way home from work. I never had this much fun and freedom with a metal detector before. Any comments from other long time or recent Deus users will be appreciated. I’ll be taking it to the beaches around Yokohama in the next few weeks.

The deus is unmatched at unmasking hidden targets.I took mine out today to a old house demo site area I’ve been over a lot of times with numerous machines..I was running a pitch program that was installed in the remote from the previous owner,and got a good signal mixed with a lot of (somethings)..Cut a big plug and there’s the quarter with two nails directly beside it just the way it flipped over..,old rusty nails that probably had the ground saturated with bits of iron..Yeah,the deus is in my book the best unmasker on the block,real world results.

Attachments

• F3C40BC3-6FF4-4D3F-829A-A908AF3E7D0E.jpg
    F3C40BC3-6FF4-4D3F-829A-A908AF3E7D0E.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 392
  • 14C503A2-DD8A-49C8-AE77-07DD93B1E12D.jpg
    14C503A2-DD8A-49C8-AE77-07DD93B1E12D.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
I'm learning this too. I'm still only using my modified Deus Fast programs, but after I clear the test field to my liking I'm planning on switching to Pitch or Gold Field mode to see what other things it uncovers. There's so much junk in the field that it's impractical to try these modes now since all the buzz will likely be large chunks of iron and scrap, but I'm looking forward to spending a night with it in these modes eventually. It's the deep digging that I'm not looking forward too, and it wouldn't go over well with the sports folks that play on the fields. I'm rather fond of digging less that six inches deep, but am very curious as to what lies much deeper.

I got my first silver coin this weekend. It’s just a 1965 ¥100, but cool for me nonetheless. I’ve dug up a good $50.00 in modern coins over the past four weekends, but the shiny silver was a good one. I’ve a feeling that all the others are going to be deep, and it’s not easy or practical to dig 15 inch holes all over the place. I’m not sure how to go about going deep except at the river, but that’s still a good 30 minutes per hole that I’m not sure I want to challenge too often for scrap. I’ll have to give it a go though now that I know what the Deus can do.

Do you have a pin pointer? 30 minutes, even with a DEEP hole seems a little rough lol. Pin pointer helps keep plugs small and recovery Time fast.

I bought the XP MI-6 a couple weeks ago and love it. It really speeds things up, especially when the Deus finds tiny little things. What do you consider deep? I think anything more that 6 inches is deep, and I go over targets all the time that I can't even dig up at 10 inches. Those holes definitely take a lot of work. I also just use a small metal plant potting/removing trowel so I don't attract too much attention walking around with a big shovel. The trowel actually improves digging time a bunch, and really help in the rocky areas around the river and some parks. I think I'll not need a large shovel again unless I get a chance to dig in an open field, or when I got back to the beach.

Are you detecting around Tamagawa? I tried there a few times but mainly found aluminum and a few modern coins. Rivers always seem good but I almost always find junk. I guess the good stuff ends up too deep.

Yeah, I'm at Tamagawa. Would love to meet up for a day trip to any spots you know or like. I've mostly been searching for old dirt using some aerial photographs from 1936-1965 overlaid on a map, and am enjoying that very much. Ping me, sounds like we're almost neighbors. :)

They are sweet ! Love watching videos of guys flying all over the place with those things .
Congratulations on the hot new set up.
,Dew

Yeah, I'm at Tamagawa. Would love to meet up for a day trip to any spots you know or like. I've mostly been searching for old dirt using some aerial photographs from 1936-1965 overlaid on a map, and am enjoying that very much. Ping me, sounds like we're almost neighbors. :)

Get an 18” mini Sampson... it works like a shovel but blends like a garden trowel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom