• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett customer service... terrible!!

Here is the door, everyone that passes through it brings us joy...Some by arriving, others by leaving...

<°)))>{

Maybe it's just me but I am having a real problem finding the fault here. I mean, he bought a detector, it was defective. He brought it back to the dealer who returned it to Garrett, and then received a new detector. If the ORIGINAL transaction included a free backpack, and he did not get it then he can be upset at Garrett. However, from his own words, which I may be too dumb to comprehend, He concluded the transaction prior to the offer, therefore he has no expectation of a gratuity.
Now he "claims" that he contacted Garrett Customer Service, and they told him that there was nothing they could do? Maybe his "Dealer" was not factory authorized in the first place?
It may be just me, but there are a few too many holes for my liking (or maybe my understanding is still all wrong?).

"All I wanted me was a little cornbread":laughing::laughing:

You wanna free backpack? Join the Army! All sorts of people there interested in your complaining too!

So you got yerself freaked...What can we do about it? Didja think one of us Dummys would send you a free backpack? Pay the shipping even? Would that make you happy?:laughing:

"all i wanted me was a little cornbread":laughing::laughing::laughing:

IMG_0707.jpg

:gunbandanna: :crybaby:

"All I wanted me was a little cornbread":laughing::laughing:

You wanna free backpack? Join the Army! All sorts of people there interested in your complaining too!

So you got yerself freaked...What can we do about it? Didja think one of us Dummys would send you a free backpack? Pay the shipping even? Would that make you happy?:laughing:

Mud Pup you are killin' me...:heartylaugh::heartylaugh::clapping::clapping::excited::thumbsup::woot::giggle::giggle::giggle:

My backpack sat in the box for 3 months until I went for an Easter trip out of town . I decided to take my ATpro. The backpack should be perfect to carry it in. It's a really nice back pack but the detector doesn't fit. I assumed that was the purpose of the back pack. The farthest I've hiked from the car is 100 yards, my pockets carry all i need. It seems like a strange promo item to me. A digger or a vest would make more sense.

I've had nothing but great service from Garrett. My early Pro or Gold, don't remember which, came with their backpack. It was garbage and I see they discontinued it, for good reason. Now I did load it up pretty good for a cruise and it ripped before I got to the check in spot. I wanted a GOOD backpack and one I could put my ATX in. I got this one. https://www.amazon.com/High-Sierra-Classic-Ascender-Frame/dp/B00ISHTWTC Yes, it's a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

Garrett replaced exactly what you got the first time. Maybe your dealer didn't do right by you but doubt Garrett did anything wrong. Maybe I'm wrong. It's only a cheap backpack but how does the detector work? Looking at their website for the 400 I don't see where they offer a backpack in the package. Did the dealer show you this special in writing or just tell you?

I bought an AT Max when they first came out. The coil was defective and the coil connector would not fully engage the threaded connector. I hunted with it twice and couldn't do anymore with it.

I drove over to their HQ and told the woman at the counter the problem.
Long story short, in less than 10 minutes I was handed a brand new coil and coil cover by the customer service person and was told sorry for the coil problem.
They didn't ask for a name, a warranty card or anything.
Now that's what I would classify as good customer service.

As far as not honoring warranties, I guess a customer should read the warranties first? I can't hold a company at fault if they only cover the terms that are stated in their warranty.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I spent 14 years in the retail trade and you are the type that makes life miserable for folks in retail. Garrett replaced your faulty detector. You did not order a new detector. You returned a faulty one and got a new one in return. I can not figure out how you think that Garrett owes you anything more than that. You appear to be wanting something for nothing. You got back exactly what you sent back thru the dealer.

Your dealer is the one who screwed up. Take up your beef with him. Garrett did not promise you anything other than a working detector.

I bought two ACE 250s in 2007, one for myself and one as a gift for my cousin. About the fifth time out with them, mine stopped picking up any signals. Since we had two of them, we switched coils and sure enough, my coil was bad. I called Garrett and they sent me out a new coil immediately. I asked if they wanted me to send them the old coil back and they said no. I still have the damn thing. If anyone wants it for some reason, they can have it, if you pay for the shipping.;)

ETA: Bought them from KellyCo.

Back
Top Bottom