King Tides

georgeinsc

Elite Member
Couple days ago i hit a local beach. The ocean had moved a ton of sand. There was no dry left between the ocean and the dunes.

I worked all over the beach for four city blocks. For an hour around low tide i was In the surf for three of those blocks. Surf was Angry and Roaring. So i did not venture more than knee deep. Found One clad dime in three city blocks of fighting the moving water.

Had a gentleman come down the beach just above the wash zone and we chatted for a bit. He asked my name. I told him and he said you must be Georgeinsc. I was a bit shocked. Did not know that i was famous. Had to confess that he had me dead to rights. He was from the upper end of the state. Invaders come from all over to the local beaches. LOL

Grand total for about five hours of work was $1.60. Ten Dimes, two quarters and two nickels.

Just another bubble bursting hunt.

Couple days ago i hit a local beach. The ocean had moved a ton of sand. There was no dry left between the ocean and the dunes.

I worked all over the beach for four city blocks. For an hour around low tide i was In the surf for three of those blocks. Surf was Angry and Roaring. So i did not venture more than knee deep. Found One clad dime in three city blocks of fighting the moving water.

Had a gentleman come down the beach just above the wash zone and we chatted for a bit. He asked my name. I told him and he said you must be Georgeinsc. I was a bit shocked. Did not know that i was famous. Had to confess that he had me dead to rights. He was from the upper end of the state. Invaders come from all over to the local beaches. LOL

Grand total for about five hours of work was $1.60. Ten Dimes, two quarters and two nickels.

Just another bubble bursting hunt.

The price of fame !

Pretty slim pickings for 5 hours of hunting but we all have those kinds of hunts once in a while. But, you never know when that odd good find will show up. :yes: Pretty cool when someone recognizes your forum name but often it's by someone with a name that you know as well!

I get recognized ALOT when I go to the beach. Other detectorists will be like, Hey, it's LowTide.... I'm like, Thats me!.. But then they say, Huh? uh... it's low tide.... as in, NOT HIGH TIDE.. at that point I realize the must have Alzheimers or something because they JUST recognized me but then just like THAT their wires crossed and then they forgot... People are weird.:?::?::?:

Back
Top Bottom