New Member from CNY.. Hello everybody!

Qwest

Hello everybody, new member here checking in from central NY. I have been detecting about 3 months now, so go easy on me. I may be pretty green, but I have already made some pretty good finds in my area, which has a lot of history. I got into detecting kind of by accident, and now I'm hooked after finding 2 standing liberty quarters in my 3rd day of searching. I have been lurking here for a few days, and decided to sign up and say hello!

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

......pretty green ?
......found 2 standing liberty quarters on your 3rd day of detecting ?

.......I think most if not all members here wish they were that green when we first started :laughing:

Congrats on a really good start !!!! :thumbsup:

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Haha, thanks GKL! I knew it was a special day at the time, and even more so now, considering the past several outings since have only produced about 20 dollars in clad, but I did manage one 1960 Washington Quarter. The first standing I got was in really good shape, the second one was about 25 to 30 feet away, but was badly worn and no date was readable.

Haha, thanks GKL! I knew it was a special day at the time, and even more so now, considering the past several outings since have only produced about 20 dollars in clad, but I did manage one 1960 Washington Quarter. The first standing I got was in really good shape, the second one was about 25 to 30 feet away, but was badly worn and no date was readable.

:lol: ......don't dismiss $20 in clad as "only $20" though - a whole lot depends on location - but I'm sure some of us has had hunts like a recent one I had where a 5 hour hunt netted 9 pennies and 2 dimes :lol: (+ lots of trash) - I still really enjoyed the hunt regardless of the finds - and at least got some needed exercise :lol:

(edit to add: forgot to mention that location had a lot of area with gravel mixed in the dirt under the grass so digging each plug as not as quick and easy as it would have been if it was just dirt and grass, so not as many targets got dug as normally might have been in that amount of time)

... I'm hooked after finding 2 standing liberty quarters in my 3rd day of searching....

Huh ? 2 SLQs on your 3rd day out ? I certainly hoped you found scores of clad washingtons first, and then a silver washington. Because it's no fair for you to skip over age-ranges. The rest of us had to do it in date order, so it's not fair for you to skip to the head of the class. Kindly send those to me, and all will be forgiven. Ok ? :cool3:

Huh ? 2 SLQs on your 3rd day out ? I certainly hoped you found scores of clad washingtons first, and then a silver washington. Because it's no fair for you to skip over age-ranges. The rest of us had to do it in date order, so it's not fair for you to skip to the head of the class. Kindly send those to me, and all will be forgiven. Ok ? :cool3:

ha, nice try, I think I'm gonna hold on to my first silvers! I was on an old football field, so yes, tons of clad quarters and beaver tails came before the Washington, I was there about 8 hours that day, beside all the junk and clad, I found an old referee's whistle and a $1 token from Pedro Land South of the Border amusement park, which was really out of place but sounded real good on the headphones and got my heart going.

Thanks!

20200829_144310.jpg

20200829_144328.jpg

Back
Top Bottom