Kruzer vs Anfibio

Coinboy

Elite Member
Hi guys. I’ve been using a simplex for a while and liked it, but for some reason I just don’t ‘click’ with the machine. It might be the limited amount of tones or limited depth, but I feel like I should upgrade. I’ve narrowed down my options to a Kruzer or an Anfibio, because I recently got into water hunting. Money is a big issue for me as I’m 13 years old and I only get allowance money, so I would buy the machine used. My question is, are the extra features and depth on the anfibio worth the extra money over the kruzer? I am mostly hunting parks, schools, and old houses and homesites, but also some lakes and creeks. Thanks in advance for the advice!

-Coinboy

I don't mean any disrespect here this is just a fact. The Simplex with the 11" coil is a fairly well balanced detector. The Simplex with the new coils feels even better on my 65 year old arm. I have owned two Multi Kruzers and have used the Anfibio. They feel much heavier to me and can actually strain my arm. (I am a very fit 65 year old by the way) I still own a Gold Kruzer for gold prospecting which feels a little better but I don't use it with big coils.

As far as actual detecting is concerned, I like the Simplex better than the Multi Kruzer in my mineralized dirt. I don't know the reason for this. The Simplex just detects better where I live than the Multi Kruzer. It reminds me of the Anfibio more than the Kruzer.

If you find the money to upgrade to a "better" detector I would go with the Anfibio. If you want to upgrade your Simplex, get one of the smaller coils. Also maybe get one of the carbon fiber lower shafts that are supposed to be coming out very soon and make sure you update the software to at version 2.77. The mute button is awesome!!!!!!

Ever think about keeping the Simplex and getting a used Impact Pro pack for about $400?

Many still prefer the Impact to the Anfibio, and you still have a waterproof unit with the Simplex. Both can use the Nokta green wireless headphones.

I don't mean any disrespect here this is just a fact. The Simplex with the 11" coil is a fairly well balanced detector. The Simplex with the new coils feels even better on my 65 year old arm. I have owned two Multi Kruzers and have used the Anfibio. They feel much heavier to me and can actually strain my arm. (I am a very fit 65 year old by the way) I still own a Gold Kruzer for gold prospecting which feels a little better but I don't use it with big coils.

As far as actual detecting is concerned, I like the Simplex better than the Multi Kruzer in my mineralized dirt. I don't know the reason for this. The Simplex just detects better where I live than the Multi Kruzer. It reminds me of the Anfibio more than the Kruzer.

If you find the money to upgrade to a "better" detector I would go with the Anfibio. If you want to upgrade your Simplex, get one of the smaller coils. Also maybe get one of the carbon fiber lower shafts that are supposed to be coming out very soon and make sure you update the software to at version 2.77. The mute button is awesome!!!!!!

Thanks for the tips I’ll probably look for an anfibio

What he said is exactly what I think.

Coinboy, When I first got my Simplex I immediately thought it was very chatty and the tones Nokta chose for it sounded like it was dying a slow death. Especially when using the pinpointer. It took me a couple of months, but I finally clicked with it. I was getting very overwhelmed in trashy parks because the Simplex is very hot and pretty much sees everything. (Sunday I dug a couple of bobby pins in my local park) Going to the smaller coil was certainly a game changer. My clad hauls have went up significantly. Partially due to getting better with the Simplex overall, but it was mostly the smaller coil.

I'd hate to see you jump out of the frying pan and into the flames with a more complicated detector with more tones and more settings. You may find yourself overwhelmed and frustrated.

Do you have any specific disconnects with the Simplex you can explain that we might be able to help you with?

Coinboy, I saw in a different topic that you preferred to use 2.78 as your Simplex's latest software. That is fine but to me 2.77 has a little more overall depth in the Field and Park 1 modes along with more stable numerical target IDs on deeper targets. It is definitely a little harder to control but on sensitivity setting 5 or 6 it runs pretty quietly for me. Did you chose 2.78 because it was more stable or quieter in your detecting area?

I never have used the kruzer. I owned the anfibio 14 a year or so ago.

The anfibio is a very good machine. It has several features that are user friendly. I found some good finds with it too. It will definitely be a good upgrade to the simplex you have currently.

Also if you found yourself in a life threatening situation from a mugger or other nasty attacker trying to do you bodily harm, the anfibio is so well made that you could swing it like a baseball bat and kick those bad guys tail with it and when your done go back detecting!! It is that well made!!

It is probably one of the most robust detector I have ever owned. The only detector that I thought was built tougher than it was the nokta fores core. It was built like beast.

I'm an experienced detectorist and I've used many different machines. I now have the Anfibio Multi and I can confidently say it's a much better machine than the Simplex and maybe even (gasp) the Equinox! Target ID's are superb. The flat range of tones and difficulty in mineralized soil made the Simplex just too unpleasant to work with. When using the Anfibio, I love three tone mode in trashy parks and then switching over to four tone mode to confirm deeper whisper tones. I'm very happy but it's true that the Anfibio is a little heavier but well balanced. Built like a tank it's a very sturdy detector and has a wide range of adjustments to handle any situation. Make sure you read the manual front to back. Good luck!🙂

if you were to keep your simplex for just water hunting and then get a new land unit that could be another option for your. Also I saw somewhere else you were considering an t2 i think as well.

Do not forget that there is the Makro Racer 2 that is a very good metal detector as well. And if you call the right dealer you can get one of those for less than 400 bucks shipped.

if you were to keep your simplex for just water hunting and then get a new land unit that could be another option for you.......

^^^ this is why I kept my simplex. I don't water hunt a lot and nothing submersible for the price is near as good plus you'll have a backup/loaner. I had a multi kruzer. It was deep and fast but I didn't like it as much as a nokta I had before. I never used an impact or amphibio. Having a dedicated machine is usually better than a do it all so I'd keep the simplex and buy a land machine.

Actually the Impact is heavier than the Anfibio and when used as a bat would cause more damage.My impact had slid off a mattress and was resting on the metal stairwell of my van when I got home after a long trip.I think the van came off second best.

Back
Top Bottom