Please help possible purchase for newbie

............... I have my F-Pulse/Tek-Point pinpointers set on maximum sensitivity which is around 3.5". That way if I hit a target and my pinpointer sounds off on it, I know the target is less than 4" from the surface if it is coin sized or is a much larger and maybe deeper target if it doesn't seem to be coin sized. A Bullseye II or the Chinese GP pinpointers will not even make a sound on those 3" to 4" deep targets.

Jeff

The only pinpointers that can do this at more than 2" are the f-pulse/tekpoint and especially the TRX. I too do this in parks using a tiny 1 1/4" wide trowel. This is ONE of the ways a good pp will save you time and make your hunt more pleasurable. I personally didn't like the bullseye 2 and maybe even would prefer a cheap $15 GB over it. Some guys really like then though, it's what you like that counts.

Thanks for the insight. Ill hold out for a good used one. Tell me if you guys see any carrots or anything for sale out there!

Keep an eye on the F-Pulses on Amazon (and maybe Teknetics Tek-Point too). They have some warehouse deals from time to time under $100.

I won't harp on the Shrxy pin pointer / TRX copy cat < $30, but if it lasts for a year I'll be happy. Will post some punishment soon... may start with keeping it submerged overnight or longer this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom