Token find

Truli

I recently found a token. I have found a few before, but never one this big, or this shape. For reference its about the size of a silver dollar.

Todds front.jpg

Todds back.jpg

In doing some research I found it was a token from a bar that used to be in Fargo ND. It was called Todd's Tavern and was located at 520 Front Street, which is now called Main Avenue. It looks like they got a liquor license from the city in 1936, and the building it was in was tore down in 1967.

I also came across a newspaper article recently, where they were talking about old downtown bars that were around in the 1950's, and Todd's was mentioned there.

It was good fun finding it, and as much fun finding out about the history. Thanks for letting me share.

Tru

It was good fun finding it, and as much fun finding out about the history. Thanks for letting me share.

This is exactly why tokens are my absolute favorite find - awesome when they come out of the ground because they're relatively rare, and unlike coins, each one is fairly unique. And the colorful history that you often run across while researching them is often just as much fun!

Nice find, Truli! Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom