Found out that I am Dead Today

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Got the tax bill for my home yesterday and found out it went up considerably. I don't pay taxes but I do have to fill out some paperwork and turn it in. So last night I printed the paperwork and took it to the city assessor.

I asked them why my taxes went up so much. They said because of the new millage. I told them my neighbor has a lot bigger house and his taxes were less than mine. She then looked it up on the computer and said I am dead.

Another person with the same first and last name as I have died a couple of months ago. They thought it was me? Anything to make a buck I guess.

On another note I have done a lot of thinking. It has mostly come down to a song I can't get out of my head. "Thunder only happens when it's raining, players only love you when they're playing."

Stay tuned for one more contest and I will be done. I am here to help anyone that needs it. I have decided that posting my finds is a waste of time. I don't need praise or encouragement. Why go through the trouble when nobody really cares.?

Not going anywhere. My advice and help are still free to anyone that wants it. Not many hunt the way I do and it is an area which brings in some wonderful discoveries.

I hope to have 10 years left enjoying diving. I realize that might not be possible and the younger generation will be out there finding new and exciting places to hit underwater. People think that the equipment costs way too much. Nobody thinks of the monetary value of all the gold and and discoveries that can be made all over the world.

Anyway, everyone have a wonderful season and get some treasure. Be happy you have a life to live and live it.

Its a full moon phase Dee..you know how you get...You got some long time friends and fans here of your adventures, you are our favorite subsurface 'mouth breather!'

Much respect...Do not deprive us...You know theres a good Woman out there for you someplace, might even own a boat, a PADI cert, and lakefront!...
Maybe put in some time on that specific target hunt this Spring until you are feeling better? I know its a long shot, but if anybody can do it YOU can, or theres about no hope for the rest of us!! ..:laughing:

Last edited:
I found a few years ago that I was dead.

I went with a friend to a local American Legion for a beer, we sat next to a woman and started talking. She asked him what year he graduated high school, he told her and she said she was in the class of '82. He pointed at me and said him too, she looked at me and said everyone thinks you're dead. I asked why, she told me that they couldn't find me for any class reunions.

The dumb part is I've lived in the same house my whole life(so far), and I work with plumbers, AC guys, electricians, and movers that I went to school with. My class president carves most of the tombstones in my area you think he would know if I died.

I've never been told I was dead , been close to it a few time's tho . I'm sure there's a few that wish I were . But , alas , I'm still here sucking air on this dirt pile we call earth .
Scuba , your excursion's are truly an inspiration to me . I am always amazed at your find's and stories . I can only dream about being able to hunt while diving the way you do . One day , I hope to give it a try , I've been thinking with my body aches and pains , some of that water therapy may help in the exercise department .
So , please don't deprive us of your adventure's , your stories actually put a bright and adventurous picture in my mind every time I read about them , if only for a brief minute . And these days , we need all the bright thoughts we can get . Thank you for those thought's .

Well look on the bright side your alive:laughing:

Yesterday went for my 30 day blood tests, wait in room for tests....they always ask my name...nurse said ohhh made a mistake.

I wonder how often people get wrong blood test results?

Be happy you have a life to live and live it.

I know you don't know me from Adam, but I hope you reconsider and stay around posting, I also love reading your posts. I would love to detect underwater someday but I doubt I ever will....so reading your posts helps me imagine how truly awesome it would be.

I quoted the last line of your previous post because it really struck me to the core, my father is dying, could be any day now, and I'm not sure what's gonna happen, all I know those words hit the nail on the head, you are only here for a little while and you have to make the best of it, so if you decide to stop posting I really wish you well and good luck in the future, but I speak for a lot of people here and hope you reconsider and stick around.

HH and GL
Ohiodigger

I know you don't know me from Adam, but I hope you reconsider and stay around posting, I also love reading your posts. I would love to detect underwater someday but I doubt I ever will....so reading your posts helps me imagine how truly awesome it would be.

I quoted the last line of your previous post because it really struck me to the core, my father is dying, could be any day now, and I'm not sure what's gonna happen, all I know those words hit the nail on the head, you are only here for a little while and you have to make the best of it, so if you decide to stop posting I really wish you well and good luck in the future, but I speak for a lot of people here and hope you reconsider and stick around.

HH and GL
Ohiodigger

Not leaving. I plan on helping as much as possible. I just decided it wasn't worth the trouble posting my finds. I will still post adventures and help though.

Nobody knows when someone will die. I watched my wife die for over 2 and a half years. It is hard then it gets easier.

As some of us have found out, sometimes posting your finds only help the lurkers not wanting to get out and do the legwork. But they know when to start looking for where you are by watching your posts. I have 11 gold so far and don't hunt much anymore. You see me post 11?:shock::lol:

Scuba I say haters are gonna hate! Don’t let the miserable people in this world keep you from posting the finds many of us want to see! I know there’s always gonna be doubters and pouters, who are just jealous. Frankly I visit and contribute to this forum because that’s a major part of the enjoyment in the hobby. I mean for me if I find a gold ring then I want to share that experience. Otherwise I can go to my wife’s jewelry box and save a lot of time and money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jut because the gov says your dead doesn't mean you should stop posting, i say you post more to prove just how alive you are!

Back
Top Bottom