New to the Search world

NM Dabber

We live in Dona Ana New Mexico about 6 mile North of Las Cruces. My wife was weed eating and her ring started bothering her so she took it of and put in In a Tee Shirt Pocked. Her bent over and lost the ring in an area about 20 X 30 feet. I am looking for someone in the area that could search the area for us. Im another old Navy Vet looking for a ring.

My wife and I travel a lot in a motor home and have discussed getting a metal detector to carry with us in our travels. Now that we have a real need, I will be searching for a machine that is good to start out with. Saw an ad for a White DFX and looking for reviews of it for a new guy.

First things first I need to fine my brides ring. Any help is appreciated

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

I'm not familiar with that model detector but likely some other forum members might be.

There should be some forum members in your state though not sure how close they might be to you.

Another option to see if someone with a metal detector is close enough to help find the ring is to see if there is a metal detecting club close enough to you -

http://www.metaldetectingintheusa.com/metal-detecting-clubs.html#NewMexico

https://www.kellycodetectors.com/clubs/newmexico.htm

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Sorry I can't speak for the dfx, but generally speaking, White's are good machines for land and sand. Good company with good customer service.
I do recommend you get a good quality machine, and not a cheapie department store job. Some very good machines can be found at reasonable prices; especially used, but also new. I know I would need one if traveling a lot!
Also, I suggest learning how to use it in your yard, while searching for the ring. It shouldn't be too hard to find.
Good luck, and welcome to the site!

Welcome to the forum and the hobby... hope you enjoy it! I'll be praying that you find that ring! :thumbsup:

If you go to the http://www.lostmystuff.net/ they have different volunteers that will look for items. It looks they may have somebody in your area.

If you go to the lost and found section there is a listing of different members you can contact that maybe able to help. It's a little hard to look for people but you maybe able to find someone close by.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=21430

good luck,

Ray

I think there is a club called "ringfinders" that may have a volunteer in your area.

Also craig's list lost and found section may have a contact who can help you.

The DFX is a very good machine, quite advanced and may be too complicated for a beginner.

Welcome from the Florida Treasure coast.

Ahh! Just forget about it and leave it! Chalk it off to a cosmic karma deal! Then, you and her go and find yourself another wild ring somewhere together, have an adventure in the finding....Make it a memory! Impress the hell out of her with a new one!

I took my Wife to Bonaire to get her a ring once, big beautiful and expensive...then she lost it in a 40yd dumpster when we were helping her Mother move in with us, she was so distraught! Then, I found her a beauty that she still wears to this day...Wild gold plain band, inscribed from 1914...

That ring of yours returned to the Earth and you two are still above it, so it was a fair and honest trade I figure.......I bet you already know this, you seem to be a upright and hooked in Human...

For the young readers..it aint about the things so much as is it about the person and short time together you may get with them...make it quality, honest, strong...

FWIW, I hate the ringfinders!....they take a good experience right into the shidder! You get your Wife something special to replace..not call in a ringfinder...This is a big chance for you, dont blow it!.:laughing:.

I think there is a club called "ringfinders" that may have a volunteer in your area.

Also craig's list lost and found section may have a contact who can help you.

The DFX is a very good machine, quite advanced and may be too complicated for a beginner.

Welcome from the Florida Treasure coast.

Rinfinders are not really volunteers they have to pay a fee to be listed on the site so they are looking for some form of compensation. Now this is not a bad thing because they are helping you out and they do deserve something for their time. I just did not want anybody to have the wrong impression about this site.

Ray

There are a lot of detectors who would search for the ring without charging you anything. Sometimes letting them search the rest of your yard helps them pay for their time. The DFX has been around for a while. There are later models that work well and aren't so heavy. It all depends upon how much time you want to invest in the hobby. You don't want to spend a lot and then find out that it's not for you. If it is you can always move up to a better machine and keep your starter as a backup or so you can each have a detector. Just remember that if the ring is gold it will read on the lower end of the scale so you don't want to discriminate it out.

Back
Top Bottom