• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Working on new home gym

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Well, barn gym :D

SprawlMart had the rack and bench on sale for $189, and both will support more weight than I'll ever be able to handle again. Rack is well worth the $, though if I were much younger I'd spend more and buy something with a bit more quality.

This is replacing my double stacked foundation/line block, with 2-4' 2x6s cleated together for a bench, with no rack. Made benching "interesting" :laughing:

I'd picked-up a 300lb Olympic weight set a few weeks back for $200, with a chrome bar :cool:

7-6-18_New_Bench.jpg

Rack even has a bar holder, which I promptly filled with a Super Curl Bar

7-6-18_Super_Curl_Bar.jpg

How much can you adjust the bench? Enough to do shoulder presses? I like that setup for the price, if I had room, I'd probably get one as well.

How much can you adjust the bench? Enough to do shoulder presses? I like that setup for the price, if I had room, I'd probably get one as well.

They call it decline-flat-incline, but it doesn't decline. Back will pretty much go 90* straight-up. They have the bench only for around $95, but for the same amount, kinda silly not to get the rack.

Cool! The Human bean muscle structure and body design is so weak compared to other creatures on this Planet...Its a wonder we made it this long....Although, if a guy gets employed at an early age and is tasked with throwing 80lb square alfalfa bales, a guy learns how to use some ergonomics and not so much sheer raw strength...so your form/power ratio is condensed into a lean mean package!...

You learn about balance, endurance, timing, momentum, leverage, etc...being slow witted helps of course, on a full day of heavy hauling, so a guy can recede into his mind and just chug along at a steady pace lost in his thoughts..

I dont get the concept of exercise machines or weight benches or treadmills or gym memberships? A human can move 16 tons of material daily with nothing more than a shovel!. ... Just get yourself a shovel and a wheelbarrow, dig a big hole in one corner of your yard, haul it over and fill in another hole in the other corner of your yard, do this everyday and by god a guy is rough tough and buff!:laughing:

Cool! The Human bean muscle structure and body design i

I like your way of thinking never was into exercise equipment. Now back in my day we fellows cut pulped wood and charcoal wood. These sticks were in 5 foot length loaded the truck by hand. Now when you do this every day you could pretty much cleanout the bar. Worked with a fellow in the woods who was a round 5 foot six. Was at a beer joint one night he setting their minding his own business when three guys want to fight. I think they spilled his beer so he got up and through all three of them out the door. Goes back and sets at his table drinks his beer. You could walk up to this Feller smacked him in the stomach with all your strength he would just look at you. Get a big grin on his face and say is that all you've got real nice fellow. .

Looks solid,..nice set-up. Was a gym rat for years,..then took a 4 year lay-off due to career change ..got married...hada kid,..been back on average about 2 days a week for around 18 months now. My little town just opened a small but nice 24hour gym about 2 miles from my house. probably gonna switch membership to that one shortly for convenience and getting in there more often. It's just a huge difference on how I feel even doing day to day things. You got a set of dumbells with your set-up??

Before I took a break... ..which has yet to end.. I found strengthlevel to be a good site for tracking/structuring my workouts.

You're not by chance Franz, from the infamous Hans and Franz are you? :D

iu

Looks solid,..nice set-up. Was a gym rat for years,..then took a 4 year lay-off due to career change ..got married...hada kid,..been back on average about 2 days a week for around 18 months now. My little town just opened a small but nice 24hour gym about 2 miles from my house. probably gonna switch membership to that one shortly for convenience and getting in there more often. It's just a huge difference on how I feel even doing day to day things. You got a set of dumbells with your set-up??

Thanks! Nothing like the set-up I'd had in the 90's. It's cheap, but serves the purpose. I've got a set of DBs, but program I'd just started is larger/compound movements, barbell only, so they're currently collecting dust.

Back
Top Bottom