• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Darwin meets boat trailer

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
I'm not sure what's worse, the guy pulling the trailer, or the author thinking a trailer roadworthy of pulling a boat that size could be purchased for $1500 :laughing:

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/07...ler-made-with-wood-pallets-and-duct-tape.html

Police near Vancouver, Canada, pulled over an SUV driver this week for towing a sailboat precariously perched on a ramshackle trailer that had been customized with wood pallets and duct tape.

1531239205804.jpg

1531238168595.jpg

LOL @ Jason.

I used to drive a roll-back for a buddy of mine. We towed for the State, County. and Local PDs. State called us out on the Interstate to tow a trailer.....it was tied to the bumper of a Bronco with an orange extension cord, wasn't even a hitch on the SUV :laughing:

Well, in his defense, he threw on a spare! Nice work around multi skills exhibited..I like the torsion bar wind up pipe tool like a trebuchet operator in the 16th century is familiar with...

Sailboats suck anyway, no damn way to make a nickel off of them ...Saw off the full lead keel and hardware to sell for scrap perhaps.....a guy would be lucky to lose one off in the ditch anyhow, do a guy a favor...damn guy shoulda got a medal for his moxey though, trying to tow one is a hell of a deal!..

Theres not a lot of cheap 'sailboat trailers' available on CL.. a guy sort of has to improvise when it comes to sailboat trailers......so yeah, this guy just got way over his skis here but did the best he could with what he had to work with...We have all been there a time or two...At least he lowered the mast I'm supposing... :laughing:.

Back
Top Bottom