Best Hot Ground Choice? Deus, Etrac, Or 3030

nalgene77

I have spent far too many hours researching old posts for some rock solid advice on my specialized problem. My city has very mineralized soil and many very productive gold and copper mines.

My At Pro ground balances at 92 pretty much everywhere in the city and is pretty much useless in terms of VDI and incessant chatter. My Tesoro Vaquero has been a champ but only with fairly shallow targets.

I want to upgrade to a top shelf machine and I will be detecting a lot. I'm 45, so weight is a concern over the long haul, but I know much older members on this forum are doing just fine with the weight of the Minelabs.

The only machines I want to consider are the Deus, Etrac, Or CTX3030. I will be coinshooting 60%, freshwater beach hunting 30% and relic hunting 10%. I have a Tesoro Tiger Shark for water hunting.

Very few people metal detect here so I can't just try them out. I know of some visitors that had good luck with their 3030's here, but seemed to move very slow and dug a fair bit of trash as well. Their silver counts looked good but they put a lot of hours into it.

I hope I've given you an accurate overall picture of my dilemma. :yes:

You said weight is a concern and I can tell you the minelabs start causing me pain after about 3-4 hours and I lift thousands of pounds of lumber a day, so I would choose Deus for that. Also if there is lots of trash around your areas, the separation of the deus is excellent. The multi frequency aspect of the minelabs will do great in bad ground but so will the Deus and there is a rumor going around that XP will be unveiling amulti frequency coil with V4 for the Deus this summer. All would do great in bad soil but taking in account for price, weight, performance, and future upgrades I would go for the Deus hands down.

The thought of a multiple freq. Deus sounds great. The problem is that the cost will most likely be high. $500.00 plus would not surprise me.

Back
Top Bottom