Show your pouches....

HuntNH

I'm getting back into detecting this spring. I'm mostly a field and woods hunter. The last couple of years I used a cloth tool pouch for carrying my trash and finds, but found that with a towel, shovel, PP and then loading it with trash, it fills up quickly. I'd like to see what everyone else uses, along with what you like about it, and what the cons of your set up are. Thanks for looking.... and thanks in advance of posting. Pictures are great by the way.

I use a shotgun shell holder for trap shooting. Like this:

LINK

I like it. Obviously your PP goes on the other side? Do you put coins and cool things you find in your pants or shorts pocket so they don't fall out?

Some like leather some dont. These are mine. I like switching back and forth ..

Attachments

• addon (1).jpg
    addon (1).jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 328
  • addon.jpg
    addon.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 322
Garret pouch, pro pointer holster, lesche holster all on a 2 inch wide nylon tool belt (home depot) with a pair of Duluth Trading Company suspenders to hold it all up. It's extremely comfortable, never feels heavy and gives you easy access to all your needs. I've tried a ton of various methods. I hunt miles of woods and fields. For my type of hunting, it's perfect. The Garret pouch has an inside pocket perfect for a couple extra batteries for my pro pointer, a small loupe and a zip lock bag or two for delicate/fragile finds. I couple this set up with a pair of Duluth Trading Company "fire house work pants" with removable knee pads. Also supported by Duluth suspenders, I hate having my $hit drifting down on me every time I kneel down. These pants wear like iron, the knee pads are fantastic and they have a ton of cargo pockets.

It's my system and I'm stickin to it! Seriously, it really is a very comfortable, functional system. I fossil quite a bit, it's the same set up I use there. I merely change from Pro Pointer/Lesche holsters to geology hammer and mini sledge holsters.

BT,

This looks like the pouch from OmegaMill. Is that correct? If so, do you have to carry the lesch in the main pocket pouch or will it fit in either of the openings on the sides? Like where you have the propointer. Thanks.

Some like leather some dont. These are mine. I like switching back and forth ..

Attachments

• addon.jpg
    addon.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 291
I have many pouches already.But I am still after the "perfect one" .
There is one that could be exactly what I was always looking after...
but it is in an internet auction and I need another 24 hours to know
if I can get it or no.... :roll:
It is long and large enough to hold many relics and also other items.
Should I get it,I will post a pic of it.... I am waiting and hoping... :p;)

BT,

This looks like the pouch from OmegaMill. Is that correct? If so, do you have to carry the lesch in the main pocket pouch or will it fit in either of the openings on the sides? Like where you have the propointer. Thanks.

Yes it is..however i did not like the standard belt loop so i changed it so it lowered the pouch below my waist so my elbow wouldnt keep hitting the handle of my lesche digger.. Works great!!

This is an example of the basis for my current setup, its not perfect but so far I haven't found anything I like better, so I may have to drag out the sewing machine and customize one of these days.... I put my lesche on the belt to the left and my pinpointer on the right, junk goes into the water bottle holder pockets and I can keep my cell and keys in the big zip pocket while hunting. The good stuff goes into the little zip pocket. You can see in the second pic I have my ppointer tethered, one of the troubles with getting older is forgetting to pick the darn thing up.

picture.php

picture.php

Oh i removed both pinpointer pockets and re added the one but smaller..my gpp would fall thru...then added a digger pocket in the part i added to lower pouch. So now works perfect

Brand new and ready for spring. Cordura is great, it is lite weight
and is easy to clean. I use a small fishing tackle box to keep my
good finds in so they don't get scratched or lost.

Attachments

• bag forum.jpg
    bag forum.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 342
Thanks guys..... Keep the replies piling in. I like all your set ups, but I must be digging at some trashy spots. LOL. I'd have those full in a few hours. What I've been wearing is something like

I use the milspec booty bag. It's a great piece of kit, but I would not recommend purchasing one at this time due to mfg. concerns.

My rig. $5 at the thrift for the pouch. Medic pouch holds spare earbuds, 9v, plastic Baggie, Advil.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 284
Back
Top Bottom