6 Copper Day - Fugio, Half Reale

BB_in_Maine

Elite Member
I've been hitting a field for the past couple weeks that has just given up a ton of colonial period buttons, but I was unable to find that one area of heavy concentration that let me know I was on an old homestead site. Got permission for a second landowner of an adjacent field and yesterday I hit it for the first time... And it turned out to be one of the best hunts I've ever had...

My first Fugio, and first Hibernia ever... and first Spanish Silver of 2014. An incredible assortment of Tombac and early pewter buttons. I only concentrated on one little area - still have 95% of the field to go. I am just thrilled with this outing... Don't think I've ever been in such a target-rich area from this time period before... No modern trash - every hit was period. Can it get any better?

Here's what I found... Cheers, SF79 (formerly BB_in_Maine)

Attachments

• may11reale.jpg
    may11reale.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 562
  • may11.jpg
    may11.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 532
  • May11Colonial.jpg
    May11Colonial.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 534
  • May11Colonial-5.jpg
    May11Colonial-5.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 551
  • May11Colonial-2.jpg
    May11Colonial-2.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 542
  • May11Colonial-3.jpg
    May11Colonial-3.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 555
  • may11reale_2.jpg
    may11reale_2.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 528
  • May11Colonial-8.jpg
    May11Colonial-8.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 523
  • May11Colonial-9.jpg
    May11Colonial-9.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 525
good god man! That's just an insane hunt and worthy of mind blowing status!

congrats....WOW. I'd go nuts over 1 of those. Still searching for my first Fugio and Hibernia.

Lets see...tip of maine is about 12hrs away so you can't be that far away. I'll be there with a camper in ...12hrs or less :D

Thanks all! Yes sir Todd, about as good as it gets...:yes: I know I gave the little 'hot zone' a good going-over but I was just kind of covering the area at random to see how wide the scatter zone was... Once I get down to actually gridding, and then slowly covering the remaining acre and a half/2 acres, I think there will be some more very nice finds turning up. :D Can't wait to get back tomorrow! Cheers, BB

Thanks all! Yes sir Todd, about as good as it gets...:yes: I know I gave the little 'hot zone' a good going-over but I was just kind of covering the area at random to see how wide the scatter zone was... Once I get down to actually gridding, and then slowly covering the remaining acre and a half/2 acres, I think there will be some more very nice finds turning up. :D Can't wait to get back tomorrow! Cheers, BB

WOW.....looking forward to more treasure!

Man just drooling at those finds. Must be a lot more goodies still out there.

Thanks everyone! And yes indeed, there is more! If this is just a couple hours of willy-nilly swinging, I'm fairly certain a concentrated effort will yield more of the same! Gonna try to put in a good solid 4/5 hours tomorrow... :yes:

Back
Top Bottom