first two center, large cent, any a variety of old jewelry and relics

Isaac43

Banned
Hey guys. Today I went to a permission which was an 1824 house a couple towns over from where I usually dig. I was pretty excited to hit the house because I know it was old and the ground was never disturbed... of course... since I lived in Northern Virginia someone else had already hit it but honestly that's just more of an incentive to see what I could find there... seriously... every house that the owner says "oh 5 people hit it already, someone else has already tried the yard before" I don't care anymore what they say. There's a LOT of iron in this yard... almost every hole had a square nail in with it...

Literally my first target is a 1940 wheatie in the left side of the front yard. Then as I get closer to the road I dig a bouncy signal and I couldn't believe my eyes when I dug a Gardener out! My first Gardener! Man I love civil war bullets!!! I proceed to dig a ton of trash for the next half hour and then surprisingly next to the road there's barely any trash. I get a high 70s-80s expecting an aluminum can....... nope. I thought it was a finial at first but then I realized it was a candle snuffer! Ya know to take out the flame on candles by covering them? (thanks Luke!!!) I proceed to scan
half way up the road almost the front walk way but not quite and get a Bucky ball and some trash and clad... typical. Then I slowly head to the back yard. At first I dig a lot more nails and trash....... then as the lady came up from the house and watched me dig one more of those stupid bottle cap signals...... a nice green skeleton key... she thought that was so cool! She told me confederate soldiers hid under her porch during the civil war... which of course is built over ... but maybe that bullet could've been dropped by the hiding soldiers?!? I proceeded to show her the candle snuffer, and bullets as well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415620389.411117.jpg

As I head up the walkway to the smoke house i get a lot of clad and a '42 wheat... and a freakin' brass pig!! I also dug a junior pilot ring .... just as I was heading out of the backyard I got an iffy signal... lantern part... another iffy signal... a wheat penny, a sterling silver very thin ornate "thing" and a brass nail from the same hole... as I head towards the front yard without much luck in between I head towards the left side of the front yard to the walkway of the front door and started gridding ... immediately I notice there's not many signals.... but my first signal is a vintage pin .. then my second signal is a silver pin of sometype! (or something else?) the back is rusty as if something iron was next to it.... the next signal was a 77... 4" deep I pop out a nickel size coin that I thought was a nickel and immediately I saw that shield I gasped (TWO CENT PIECE!!!! ) pumping my fists for a minute I knew it was gonna be a nice one cause of the detail....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415620960.962797.jpg

I then proceed to grid some more getting just junk and one 1919 wheatie with a nail in the same hole... I decide to grid it the other way before I had to leave and see what happens. Immediately as I swing towards where'd I'd start gridding from I get a iffy 60s signal....... at 6" I pop out a large copper coin! WHAT?! A large copper reading that crappy?! A matron head cent and it was worn! But I could still see a date!!! 1830! Then I proceed to take out the tiniest brooch ever and then I had to leave...

The two center has great details and the large cent isn't half bad either . Video coming soon, thanks for reading! Definitely heading back there soon. I'd be an idiot if I didn't

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415621154.122060.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415621170.138286.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415621189.647246.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415621199.064789.jpg

HH!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415619658.732664.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415619658.732664.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 373
Congrats on the two cent piece. I didnt even know there was a two cent piece until I dug one up. It felt great to knock it off the list of coins needed I bet.

Congrats on the two cent piece. I didnt even know there was a two cent piece until I dug one up. It felt great to knock it off the list of coins needed I bet.

Thanks man! The first time I saw one was when someone else had dug one up!

Great hunt and congrats on the finds.

Thank you! :)

I actually like the brass pig!! Ok the coins are nice also. But that pig is unique.

I'll get a picture of it for you Scuba... i thought it was pretty cool!

Beautiful hunt, I love the 2 cent piece! :yes:

Thanks HF89! So do I ;)

Back
Top Bottom