Sand Scoop on Cruise Ships?

Having taken a bunch of cruises I'd doubt any formal search or inspection of luggage. Mostly because everyone on the boat seems to bring copious amounts of narcotics 😅

The big inspection is the return to the US, you'll pass through customs with all of your belongings, where I doubt a scoop is any concern.

... There are several cruise lines that restrict the taking of a metal detector, not because of the use on a ship, but the use in the country the ship will dock at......

And I have a sneaking suspicion of how the cruise-lines came up with the need to invent such a rule. Back whenever those rules came into being. Care to take a guess ? :roll:

It's the same "follow the connect-the-dots" as the origin of the countries the ship will dock in. And now we've merely brought the same psychology to the ship we'll travel in. Let's all keep it up, and pretty soon we can have it spread to the entire world !

We are our own worst enemies :no:

... I'd doubt any formal search or inspection of luggage. ....

Huh ?? What ?? They most CERTAINLY WILL search the underwear compartment of your luggage for evil dangerous metal detector scoops !! :laughing:

So , better safe than sorry : Hurry, go ask them "Can I ?", about the evil scoop. Be sure to regale them about "how illegal" it is, in a singular port they might pull into. And then : Presto, we can all sit back and pat ourselves on the back, and bathe ourselves in another new "no" rule :roll:

Huh ?? What ?? They most CERTAINLY WILL search the underwear compartment of your luggage for evil dangerous metal detector scoops !! :laughing:

So , better safe than sorry : Hurry, go ask them "Can I ?", about the evil scoop. Be sure to regale them about "how illegal" it is, in a singular port they might pull into. And then : Presto, we can all sit back and pat ourselves on the back, and bathe ourselves in another new "no" rule :roll:

I feel like a "medical device" sticker would be a fun and confusing way to ensure no one questions it 😅

Tell them it's a fancy new shuffleboard cue stick..or a tool for retrieving wayward baby ruth bars from the swimming pool.

Bill

But did you ask if you could first ? Just because you weren't caught, doesn't make it right, eh ? :impatient:

And naturally, I only meant that in jest. Of course. But I actually saw the following post come up on a forum once :

Some guy was getting ready to vacation to some European beach resort (I forget which country and which beach). He posed the question : "Is it legal ?" No less than 5 or 6 persons came along to answer his question by saying this exactly like your answer : "No problems at all", and "I was just there last week and had a blast", and so forth.

But even after those 5 or 6 answers, the person STILL wasn't convinced that this necessarily meant it was legal. After all, what if they all "simply didn't get caught ?"

If you happen-chance walk along to a park's reflecting pond, and see 50 people at high noon enjoying their hobby of RC boats on the pond, would you ask yourself : "Gee, is that legal ?" NO ! It would never cross your mind. Why does it happen in md'ing circles then ? Because it's the same psychology of shark attacks : No matter HOW MANY MILLIONS swam at a particular beach, for 50 yrs, yet one day, a SINGLE PERSON gets chomped . Guess what everyone will fear ? :roll:

So what happens next merely makes it even MORE self-fulfilling : When a SINGLE such story of a legal spat filters in through the hobbyist ranks, then guess what everyone fears ? Yup: legal spats. So guess what they do next ? Yup: Start asking "Can I ?" And then presto : The no one cared till-you-asked cycle starts. :roll:

When will md'rs stop being their own worst enemy ? My motto is : If others and myself can go and no one says jack-squat to us, then WHY OH WHY OH WHY am I going to go groveling at someone's feet ? :mad:

WHY OH WHY OH WHY am I going to go groveling at someone's feet ? :mad:

That's right, Man, This Murica !We don't play that! The older I get the less I wanna hear from public servants who think they rule everything and a bunch
of whinny, frustrated Karens who haven't had an oil change in some time.

But did you ask if you could first ? Just because you weren't caught, doesn't make it right, eh ? :impatient:
Yes and the cruise director saw me and said you are allowed to hunt every place we go. He said don't let anyone tell you different.

Back
Top Bottom