Headphones, Earphones Or Earbuds?

I use wired earbuds and prefer them over the headphones. In AZ it was just too hot for headphones, although now that I am in Denver the extra warmth would be nice. I feel that I can also hear my surrounding distractions better with the earbuds. PLus, with earbuds I have a single volume knob to mess with instead of the individual ear muffs of the headphones. My goal is to go wireless earbuds in the near future.

Headphones..all the time...havnt tried wireless yet...

You gotta mud, it's life changing. Gone are the days when after a good find, I try and stand up excitedly and nearly choke myself and send my detector flying. Gone are the days of getting wires tangled up in the brush or bushes. Gotta pee? Just set you detector down and walk behind a tree to pee with even having to think. IT IS GLORIOUS. the one and only down side is having to remember to charge the stupid things before you go detecting.

You gotta mud, it's life changing. Gone are the days when after a good find, I try and stand up excitedly and nearly choke myself and send my detector flying. Gone are the days of getting wires tangled up in the brush or bushes. Gotta pee? Just set you detector down and walk behind a tree to pee with even having to think. IT IS GLORIOUS. the one and only down side is having to remember to charge the stupid things before you go detecting.

Well...when a guy is waterhunting, that headphone cord does keep a fellows rig from floating away while he's sparking up a smoke or looking at a find...its sort of handy there...but yeah...I get the idea...maybe someday..I dont like to diddle around with extra comforts though...extra batteries, etc...just straight simple..

Attachments

• oct 6-16-1.jpg
    oct 6-16-1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,025
Headphones for me, most of the time. I can't stand anything stuck in my ear, so earbuds are out. In the summer I have used the lighter 'walkman' type headphones, but the old-fashioned kind is best for me. I use some vintage Sony phones now. I got a Deus a couple of weeks ago and have used the wireless phones that comes with it, but I really don't like the 'behind the head' style of those. But the wireless part is great!

Til I can afford wireless, this style works for me
Sony MDR-G45LP
Hooks over your ear, don't fall off, thin bar wraps behind your head, so you can still wear a hat. pretty cheap. But there's a little wind noise on windier days, so I keep the cups handy for that..

Til I can afford wireless, this style works for me
Sony MDR-G45LP
Hooks over your ear, don't fall off, thin bar wraps behind your head, so you can still wear a hat. pretty cheap. But there's a little wind noise on windier days, so I keep the cups handy for that..

i got my set up for like 75 bucks total at the time, headphones and transmitter. You would be surprised how cheap it is if you don't go with z link stuff.

I like over the ear headphones but when it starts warming up, I sweat a lot and can't wear them. I just go without when the temps gets hot.

Does anyone make a good on the ear headphone for better sweat management? I don't like ear buds either.

Thanks for all the responses! Seems like some form of headset use is common and I USE to use corded headphones but like many came up in the era of the old over the ear style.
Problem is I typically hunt out of town and in remote areas and want to be able to hear what is going on around me as well as the signals so if anyone can recommend something like this (light & wireless) I would appreciate it.

I think sometimes it will depend on what detector you use and how different styles of headphones/earbuds will sound. I use only earbuds with my deus and they work great. I tried to go wireless with the AT Pro with the same earbuds and the tones were way off. I thought it was the wireless stuff making the tones sound weird so I plugged the buds right into the pro. The earbuds still sounded terrible, I guess they were just not compatible, this may be true of other machines too.

I'm old school. If you ain't using full headphones, you're missing stuff LOL.

I have to hear the subtle tones and I can only do that with a very good set of full headphones. I can't image earbuds if your seriously hunting. I've have a set of single cup Rattlers but I just think they sound weird out of one ear. Love my WS5's on my Deus and Gray Ghost on my CTX.

I'm old school. If you ain't using full headphones, you're missing stuff LOL.

I have to hear the subtle tones and I can only do that with a very good set of full headphones. I can't image earbuds if your seriously hunting. I've have a set of single cup Rattlers but I just think they sound weird out of one ear. Love my WS5's on my Deus and Gray Ghost on my CTX.

Absolutely! You'll never hear those tiny deep squeakers without proper cans. Full over ear all the time here. Not gonna melt in the heat. I do have a set of open Philips cans which let in a little surrounding noise and breeze.

Ive been using the same pair of Jolly Roger headphones for years with no issues. The cord is worn in enough that I dont really notice it, even when I set my machine down to dig. Maybe in really brushy woods I feel a need for wireless. I hate not having headphones and will sweat it out in the summer rather than having to listen to background noise.

wireless full headphones, super hot days can be miserable, but i feel I miss stuff without the full headphones. hitting those weak fuzzy deep tones needs all my concentration, those are the good ones that produce the silver and such around me anyway. example: when teaching a rookie the basics one day i pulled the headphone so we could both hear and worked a small curb strip in his yard. found mostly junk and clad. got him going with the extra machine and went back over the same ground with my headphones on. pulled two mercs and a SLQ at 8 to 10 inches deep on weak signals i couldn't hear without the headphones. could just be my bad hearing,lol.

Back
Top Bottom