• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

RI/CT Beaches and Metal Detecting?

jcham

Elite Member
Hi my name is Jamie and I have been into water hunting since last Nov. I have enjoyed hunting the beaches this past winter but with summer upon us I was wondering how the warmer weather might hinder my hunting if at all?

I havent been to the beaches since summer broke but are there any special rules and regs I should be aware of since the beaches are officialy open. I have about a two hour drive to RI and would hate like heck to get down there and be told I cant get my coil in the water. I have the week to hit it hard and want to take advantage of this time. Any help would be very Friendly. Thanks

Jamie

Hi Jamie

For me the best times to hunt are in the winter in the summer I hunt less because the sand moves in filling all the troughs I usually hunt in the winter..

I like the winter as well because I don't have to think about a shark or other creature checking me out or worse :D That and the water is very clear in winter where as now its murky... sharks like murky lol...

Most ct/ri beaches won't allow you to detect during the summer until "after" the lifeguards leave.

Back
Top Bottom