Beach hunters using the Nox, question...*update*

On the US east coast you won't need to ground balance...other beaches elsewhere might be a different story.

I use auto tracking yea. Would be interesting to hear from other water boys. When I'm in the water I also do the noise cancel with the coil on a clean section of sand. It falses like crazy if 2ft off the bottom in open water.

Funny you ask... I didn't even know about it before yesterday. I would manually balance it.. Usually around zero at the beach... I'm heading out tonight after learning about how to do the auto balance and I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. I know this doesn't answer your question but I'll get back to you.. :yes:

Funny you ask... I didn't even know about it before yesterday. I would manually balance it.. Usually around zero at the beach... I'm heading out tonight after learning about how to do the auto balance and I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. I know this doesn't answer your question but I'll get back to you.. :yes:

How'd it go?
I tried it on 1 target. auto-tracking seemed to clean up the signal a bit.

Most of my hunts have been in the water so I've been on beach 2. Can run around 18 or 19 in calm water. I found it a bit more chatty when sweeping parralel to shore, especially if there were the underwater sand ripples.

On shore I'm on beach 1 and leave the auto gb. Usually noise cancel again if going from water to sand. Will try 0 gb next time and see.

*Update*

So I've re-read the manual.
AUTO TRACKING is default in gold mode.
You don't need it in beach mode 1.
It may help in beach mode 2 if it is chatty while in the water.

Like anything else..... if people are finding gold their method is the best.

If you have a lot of fluffy sand .... then hard pan that gives you a lot of noise you have to decide..... manual GB, tracking or leave it at 0 and listen to the noise come and go. Personally i like the noise it tells me im close to the hard pan. Also...... comes the question...... where do i do this GB if im getting noise in the water....... at the waters edge.... wet/dry sand transition? Tracking will quiet the minerals..... but repeated swings on a VERY deep target you may track out. Also you are going to loose a little sensitivity/depth with tracking.

There's my ah-ha moment.

Like anything else..... if people are finding gold their method is the best.

If you have a lot of fluffy sand .... then hard pan that gives you a lot of noise you have to decide..... manual GB, tracking or leave it at 0 and listen to the noise come and go. Personally i like the noise it tells me im close to the hard pan. Also...... comes the question...... where do i do this GB if im getting noise in the water....... at the waters edge.... wet/dry sand transition? Tracking will quiet the minerals..... but repeated swings on a VERY deep target you may track out. Also you are going to loose a little sensitivity/depth with tracking.

No wonder I'd get a disappearing signal and have to use pinpoint to find it again!!!!

Back
Top Bottom