My Dug "Type Coin Set"

goes4ever

Elite Member
Here is what I have accomplished so far in completing a dug "Type Coin Set" I am trying to dig one of each different styles of coinage. The half cent isn't US mint, but it was used in Virginia, that is as close as I have got to a half cent, the rest though are all US mint coins. Here is what is in the pic by row:

Row 1: Virginia 1773 half penny, 1849 Large cent, 1857 Flying Eagle, 1901 indian, and wheat cent

Row 2: 1865 2 cent piece, 1850's type one 3 cent silver

Row 3: 1870 shield nickel, 1911 V nickel, 1919 buffalo, silver war nickel

Row 4: (capped bust not pictured too smooth) 1889 seated dime, 1913 Barber, 1937 Mercury, 1948 Rosie

Row 5: 1877CC Seated quarter, 1897 Barber, 1927 SLQ, 1942 Washington

Row 6: 1895-O Barber half, 1916P Walking Liberty, 1953 Franklin, 1968 Kennedy

So there is some stuff I need yet to complete my dug "Type" set, but this is a pretty good start!

Attachments

• DSC01160.jpg
    DSC01160.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,376
Wow that is awesome!. Whats your favorite out of all of those?

it is so hard for me to pick a favorite, I love all old coins, but I'd guess a few of the super hard ones to find, like the flying eagle, 3 center, Half penny, and the 1877CC quarter.

Oh ok. I'd love to find any of those coins in the picture, even a wheatie :roll::yes:

Keep up the excellent work! I don't see a seated half there. :razz::lol:

My favorites in your lineup are the seated quarter, trime, and the large cent.

Keep up the excellent work! I don't see a seated half there. :razz::lol:

My favorites in your lineup are the seated quarter, trime, and the large cent.

yeah I know!!! my hunting partner dug a seated and a barber half dollar on an empty lot we hunted last year!

Missing

Where's your seated half at? ;). Just kidding, nice collection there?

That's a great idea and a great collection of finds. My favorites are the 3 center, shield nickel and flying eagle. I hope to one day have them in my collection.

Outstanding!!

Congratulations!! That is quite an accomplishment. Not many of us find that many different types in a lifetime if hunting. You have a right to be proud. Thanks for sharing.:yes:

Amazing

Congrats on all those beauties! Many people MD for many years and don't find even half of those coin types you have pictured from your collection. Keep hitting those sites!

Heck, I look forward to having all those coins and that's buying them! Of course I use my found clad to fund my older coin purchases.

Nice coins/finds!

Back
Top Bottom