NEW "Compadre gave me a birthday gift today!"

ToddB64

Elite Member
Greetings ! :tiphat:

I posted a scanned photo in June, 2017 of a ring with 36 red stones found at a soccer field while hunting with my brother using our Tesoro Compadre 5.75" coil metal detectors. He took photos at that time, however, they wouldn't transmit to my computer until he finally got things working today. So here's a NEW post with all the intended photos attached.

At first glance out of the ground, I thought the ring looked expensive and was overjoyed ! However, later-on my wife found an identical ring, except with clear stones, at a costume jewelry counter for $26.00 msrp, on sale for $7.00. :(

She brought it home for me to see. I did a density test and basically got the same results as with the red stones version dug at the soccer field. Neither ring had any stamping or engraving on the inside.

ToddB64

Attachments

• IMG_20170531_140012601-1Todd finds Ring Using Compadre, May 31, 2017.jpg
    IMG_20170531_140012601-1Todd finds Ring Using Compadre, May 31, 2017.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_20170531_140031135_HDR-7 Todd finds Ring Using Compadre, May 31, 2017.jpg
    IMG_20170531_140031135_HDR-7 Todd finds Ring Using Compadre, May 31, 2017.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 367
  • Todd finds Titanium Ring 36 Stones From Kathryn Hanlon Park 5-31-17 001.jpg
    Todd finds Titanium Ring 36 Stones From Kathryn Hanlon Park 5-31-17 001.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 349
Fantastic pictures and you found a ring! It's fun to find rings! Your in the right spot to find a silver or gold one at some point, just keep at it and have fun! Congrats!

It's always fun finding rings, even the not so good ones give you several seconds rush when you first uncover them and the're still partly covered by dirt. That's what makes a fun hunt. Congratulations.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your encouraging remarks everybody !

I can't hunt in this August heat due to health issues, but looking forward to cooler temps as we move into Sept., Oct. and Nov.. :grin:

ToddB64

I really ought to get me some suspenders like that to keep my pants up while detecting, for some reason my finds pouch wants to pull my pants down, annoying!

I like those wide looking suspenders.

It is pretty and if you have any young Granddaughters one of they would love it. Because it is pretty and Grandpa found it just for her.

Ground Sweeper/ Todd

I have a leather Harley Pair, that i don't use, i have that same problem, with the bag, pointer, Buzz Wilson stealth , finds, wallet, key's, the weight add's up, constantly pulling the pants up :lol: Todd welcome to Metal Detecting, as far as the heat, i am the same way at 57, Sept, Oct, early Nov., late March , Apr, 1st part of May, than after mostly beach hunting, in the process of moving soon to the beach, than good times , a few tips , hunt with a group , with your wife and or brother, get a serrated 31 T Sampson, for digging , and protection, ya never know, learn the machine before upgrading, over the year's, a lot of machine's i bought, and moved on to another, before spending enough - time with the prior machine really learning it's full capabilities, gel knee pads -, harbor freight 10 bucks with Velcro straps , the pointer i tend to like the most after 41 years of detecting Garrett Carrot, 2nd TRX, detector's favored Minelab, Fisher, White's in that order, have fun, i hope when i get your age, i can still dirt dig, to here your wife & brother detect also, will inspire all of us on the forum here to keep going, never give up Thanks , Earl :thumbsup::detector:

Again, thanks to all who replied !

GroundSweeper and SurfMaster......Who would-a thunk my old pair of work suspenders would draw any interest ! :laughing:

Earl....That was my Dad's first name too and became my middle name ! ;) Detecting for 41 years makes you a guru ! I too have a Garrett Carrot and like it a-lot ! My first high-quality pin-pointer was the Treasure Products, Inc. Vibra-Probe 570 that I still have as my back-up and a great PP ! Thanks for the informative reply. It amazes me that someone in their 50's could own/have owned so many expensive detectors, could be retired already and so lucky to live near ocean beach hot spots for jewelry. You're one lucky guy !

georgeinsc....Thanks for your reply ! I do have two granddaughters, but my wifey liked the ring, so she got first dibs !

Attached is a snapshot of my youngest granddaughter taken in the Fall of 2015 using my Tesoro Compadre.

Low and slow is the way to go !

ToddB64

Attachments

• Abigail metal detects with Compadre, Grandpa Todd watching, 2016 001.jpg
    Abigail metal detects with Compadre, Grandpa Todd watching, 2016 001.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom