New to the Forum

quizzio

Hello everyone , looked over many forum sites for detecting and found this one to look the best , been detecting for over 50 years here in ct and also Mass and NY .I have currently 4 detectors 2 Garrett's and 2 Fisher one being a underwater model, also several pin pointers , I mostly hunt farms,fields,old foundations,and only old houses unless I need to find something for someone as I find septic tanks for people and underground wiring also, looking forward to reading all the posts from everyone and hope I can help some folks out and also need some things identified which I will take photos of and post soon , The best to all , Doug (quizio)

.... been detecting for over 50 years here in ct and also Mass and NY.....

Welcome from central coast CA.

What kind of metal detector were you swinging in the late 1960s ? What kinds of things did you find, and what kinds of places did you guys hunt back then ?

Garretts and Fishers

Hi Tom , I mainly use my garrett gtix 750 , old but tried and true , I cannot tell you what I have found with it so I stay with what works for me , back then I detected what everyone else did parks ,beaches,trails, and found a lot of newer coins and some rings , now I do only detect farms ,fields , and houses older than 1900 , I am very picky as I get older , LOL

Sorry Tom my detector is a GTAX 750 and I have a 1250 also but like the 750 better don't ask me why but I do

ok, but you said you started md'ing 50 yrs. ago, right ? What machine were you swinging in the late 1960s, and ... how deep could it go on a coin-sized target ?

Tom..Tom...Tom....stop trying to set the poor guy up !

Back
Top Bottom