Why buy a single frequency detector

ghound

Elite Member
Why buy a single frequency detector, when you can have Multi freq for such a low price??

MULTI-IQ FOR ALL
Multi-IQ
Probably the most exciting feature of the Vanquish Series, which puts it way ahead of others in its price range (and above), is the inclusion of Minelab's unique Multi-IQ Simultaneous Multi-Frequency Technology, as seen in the Equinox Series which made it a real game changer in the metal detecting world and by far the best selling metal detector in 2018, 2019 and probably all-time to date.

All the Vanquish Series detectors operate on three frequencies, low, medium and high simultaneously, giving you the best of all worlds whatever you are searching for.

What sets Multi-IQ apart from other so-called multi-frequency systems is that it is true Simultaneous multi-frequency. That is you are transmitting and receiving on all supported frequencies at the same time as opposed to selecting just one frequency from a given range to use at any one time, which is probably better described as switchable frequency. Switching frequency is effectively like swapping one single frequency coil for another, without physically swapping it. With Minelab's simultaneous multi-frequency it's like using all your coils in one sweep of your machine.

Three Simultaneous Frequencies
More than that, the real intelligence of the system is that the Multi-IQ processing will collate and compare the signals from all operating frequencies, analasing the similarities and differences between them to get a clearer picture of what's really down there. This gives you better target ID and discrimination at greater depth, and the versatility to perform in a wider range of ground types, handling mineralisation, wet sand, coke/iron occlusion, etc. That means you can find and identify targets that a single frequency will struggle with.

Multiple frequency

I was just thinking about the Vanquish detectors. I hunt with the Xterra 705. Changing coils, single freq. Multi freq is why I would go with a Nox but funds aren't available right now. And now I'm wondering if you need more detector than a Vanquish? Pretty much just a coinshooter.

I hear you about all this multifreak wonderful tech...but still..a guy has to be able to mentally process what is coming into their brain via audio...and unscramble it, and then dig it...

Its tough enough to learn a single freak rigs language and get to really know its limits and strengths..time behind the coil...100,000 targets...

Multifreak High tech rigs aint for just any old body...It aint a magic bullet for making 'great finds' a single freak cant normally do...:?:

I will take a look at this Vanquish though...It may just make some sense to my brain...Thanks ..

Why buy a single frequency detector, when you can have Multi freq for such a low price??

MULTI-IQ FOR ALL
Multi-IQ
Probably the most exciting feature of the Vanquish Series, which puts it way ahead of others in its price range (and above), is the inclusion of Minelab's unique Multi-IQ Simultaneous Multi-Frequency Technology, as seen in the Equinox Series which made it a real game changer in the metal detecting world and by far the best selling metal detector in 2018, 2019 and probably all-time to date.

All the Vanquish Series detectors operate on three frequencies, low, medium and high simultaneously, giving you the best of all worlds whatever you are searching for.

What sets Multi-IQ apart from other so-called multi-frequency systems is that it is true Simultaneous multi-frequency. That is you are transmitting and receiving on all supported frequencies at the same time as opposed to selecting just one frequency from a given range to use at any one time, which is probably better described as switchable frequency. Switching frequency is effectively like swapping one single frequency coil for another, without physically swapping it. With Minelab's simultaneous multi-frequency it's like using all your coils in one sweep of your machine.

More than that, the real intelligence of the system is that the Multi-IQ processing will collate and compare the signals from all operating frequencies, analasing the similarities and differences between them to get a clearer picture of what's really down there. This gives you better target ID and discrimination at greater depth, and the versatility to perform in a wider range of ground types, handling mineralisation, wet sand, coke/iron occlusion, etc. That means you can find and identify targets that a single frequency will struggle with.

Why are you trying to shove something down everyone,s throat just because you are satisfied with the detector that you choose to use. Not everyone has the same opinion that you have. I have the Equinox 800 but that is NOT the detector I use most of the time.

I hear what your saying and I agree but I think there are a lot of different reasons why people decide on certain machines.

Some people are brand loyalist, they're going to stick with their brand no matter what. Calabash Digger did a vid yesterday ranting about brand loyalist - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdXGElzu2j8

Some people don't like machines with a lot of settings, they can be confusing and take longer to learn and master. They prefer a turn on and go detector and there's nothing wrong with that. This is a hobby so do what ever works for you.

Some people are just cheap like me :D. I needed a waterproof machine and I was considering a Nox 600 but when I saw what the Simplex could do for half the price I went with it instead. Yeah, it's a lesser machine in some ways than the 600 but I'm OK with that and don't really care what anyone else thinks.

I've had a lot of fun and have made some really nice finds over the years with my single frequency machines and for me that's what this hobby is all about. When I'm ready to upgrade I will definitely be looking at multi frequency machines but for now I'm content with what I have.

Being in the right location and knowing your machine is just as important as what detector your using.....

Its tough enough to learn a single freak rigs language and get to really know its limits and strengths..time behind the coil...100,000 targets... ..

I hear you Mud-puppy, I probably spent well over 300 hours with my T2se before I felt like I was proficient with it. I bought a used X-Terra 705 four months ago and I'm still learning it's language.

I'm not stuffing anything, the detectors not yet released, keep your hair on fella.

Why are you trying to shove something down everyone,s throat just because you are satisfied with the detector that you choose to use. Not everyone has the same opinion that you have. I have the Equinox 800 but that is NOT the detector I use most of the time.

I really don’t have a preference,I’ll use a multi frequency or a single frequency machine.I find the same nickels ,dimes and quarters with a multi frequency machine as I do a single frequency machine.I don’t see the difference in finds anyway,so which ever machine I have will do.

Not all multi freq detectors created equal.

White’s multi looses depth.
Minelab’s don’t.

You start adding mineralization, this is indeed where multi freq like EQx possesses can make you some finds where using single freq won’t and can’t.
Head to head comparisons comparing EQX to some other single freq detectors (multiple select freq detectors) just couldn’t hold their own. No BS here either.
Now some folks living in areas with low mineralization won’t see the benefits like I do or others who live in such areas.

Minelab is currently the king of the mountain for bad ground detectors. Have been for a while now. Goes for their pulse induction units too.

Multi IQ is NO gimmick!
Some targets when compared using single freq models there’s won’t be any advantage heard/seen. Some will have just a little advantage, some will have more advantage, some will be detected whereas the single freq model may signal as iron( ferrous) or not at all.

Don’t think any major detector manufacturer would drop a gimmick out of a aircraft at major event in Europe. At least Minelab didn’t.

I don't chime in that often but... I've been researching my next 'tector purchase for the last 4 months. I've read countless "reviews" (that I put little faith in!) seen HUNDREDS of vids of machines in the field. (Name the top 20 machines. I've seen EVERY vid available on each of them) And... I'm no noob!

That being said, do I see some benefit in Multi-freak? Sure! It just makes sense when you really look into it. THAT being said... I would guestimate that 95 to 98% of the finds I've seen made with the Nox(s) could just as easily been made with just about any other top tier detector.

I live in Ga. and we are famous for our CRAPPY dirt. Yet, I've seen kids in our woods swingin there T2's and hauling in the lead & other CW artifacts. They KNOW their machines! Would those minelabs have done better? Maybe. Maybe not!

I've found DEEP silver with my old Whites units in our CRAPPY dirt and thousands of other coins. I KNEW my machines! Me personally, for the time I now have available to LEARN a new machine, I will NOT pick one with countless settings & funky tones. "Multi-IQ or not!

Might sound crazy to some but after all the machines I've looked at, and looked hard. I think my next machine will be the Fisher F70 with a new paint job. AKA the Patriot! After all I've seen & read, (Thank you Digger27 & oithers) I just don't think there's a machine on the market that can "out do" it AFTER one gets to KNOW it properly! $399 for a machine that can hit 14 to 15" targets, LOVES Nickles & Gold rings & is a D#@& capable deep silver or Relic machine! Or $800+ for "whatever" else. Hmmm...Could I be wrong? LOL! Of course but opinions are like.....

HH & GL

Dan

Ok, this thread brings up a good point. Are there any benefits to multifrequency over a single frequency detector? Coil size will play a crucial role in the depth achieved but beyond that what is the benefit of multifrequency? Has anyone re-hit a pounded site with an Equinox and found any difference? Logically multifrequency will "see" a wider of array of targets.
Lately it seems like a Simplex vs. Nox battle lol.

Ok, this thread brings up a good point. Are there any benefits to multifrequency over a single frequency detector? Coil size will play a crucial role in the depth achieved but beyond that what is the benefit of multifrequency? Has anyone re-hit a pounded site with an Equinox and found any difference? Logically multifrequency will "see" a wider of array of targets.

Lately it seems like a Simplex vs. Nox battle lol.

I’ve hit exact spots with my nox that I hit with my old bounty hunter and can say the nox found what should have been found. Like 2” deep targets that I can 100% guarantee I went over before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear what your saying and I agree but I think there are a lot of different reasons why people decide on certain machines.

Some people are brand loyalist, they're going to stick with their brand no matter what. Calabash Digger did a vid yesterday ranting about brand loyalist - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdXGElzu2j8

Some people don't like machines with a lot of settings, they can be confusing and take longer to learn and master. They prefer a turn on and go detector and there's nothing wrong with that. This is a hobby so do what ever works for you.

Some people are just cheap like me :D. I needed a waterproof machine and I was considering a Nox 600 but when I saw what the Simplex could do for half the price I went with it instead. Yeah, it's a lesser machine in some ways than the 600 but I'm OK with that and don't really care what anyone else thinks.

I've had a lot of fun and have made some really nice finds over the years with my single frequency machines and for me that's what this hobby is all about. When I'm ready to upgrade I will definitely be looking at multi frequency machines but for now I'm content with what I have.

Being in the right location and knowing your machine is just as important as what detector your using.....

I hear you Mud-puppy, I probably spent well over 300 hours with my T2se before I felt like I was proficient with it. I bought a used X-Terra 705 four months ago and I'm still learning it's language.

You like the simplex? How’s it working for ya? I wanna get a decent yet less costly machine for my son. I love my nox but can’t bring myself (money) to get another

I don't think i could be tempted into buying another single freq machine, certainly none of the current releases at least, but i understand that they are quite adequate for many hobby detectorists.
FBS was just ok for me, i didn't like the weight, i found it slow and not good in iron or on low conductors.
Multi IQ offers far more in my opinion, the Nox with stock 11 inch coil is as good on low conductors as it is on high one's, it's deep and it separates as good or better than most sniper coils on a wider range of targets, cuts through ground minerals better than any single freq I've used and kicks ass on the wet sand.
So you may be able to find a deeper machine, a faster, higher freq, lower freq, wireless, waterproof, selectable freq, coil choice etc etc, and the Nox may be more of an outlay initially, but to match it's overall performance you'd need to spend and buy multiple machines and coils, so a false economy for many folk.
And with the Vanquish coming, i think even the hobby detectorists who doesn't care about all the advantages and just wants to find targets will be better catered for.

I don't think i could be tempted into buying another single freq machine, certainly none of the current releases at least, but i understand that they are quite adequate for many hobby detectorists.

FBS was just ok for me, i didn't like the weight, i found it slow and not good in iron or on low conductors.

Multi IQ offers far more in my opinion, the Nox with stock 11 inch coil is as good on low conductors as it is on high one's, it's deep and it separates as good or better than most sniper coils on a wider range of targets, cuts through ground minerals better than any single freq I've used and kicks ass on the wet sand.

So you may be able to find a deeper machine, a faster, higher freq, lower freq, wireless, waterproof, selectable freq, coil choice etc etc, and the Nox may be more of an outlay initially, but to match it's overall performance you'd need to spend and buy multiple machines and coils, so a false economy for many folk.

And with the Vanquish coming, i think even the hobby detectorists who doesn't care about all the advantages and just wants to find targets will be better catered for.

Buy what you want and I’ll buy what I want. I’m done with your ML infomercial.

The vanquish is going to have crappier build quality than the go finds.

Back
Top Bottom